PC Bulbs??

twinclan

Hey all, now that I am going with a FOWLR I don't need all my lighting and so I am down to my PC's. I need to replace the bulbs. Do you know where to get good prices on some bulbs since I am not really worried about needing the best lighting? I need 96w and for a 50/50 coralife it was $60 when I looked. I didn't know if there was something locally I could get that would work and be cheaper.

Also, I am thinking about putting in some of the "fake" corals just for a little bit of color and was amazed at the prices. OMG they are more than the real thing some of them. Does anyone have any ideas for that stuff?

SHARKBAITNC

Are your bulbs burned out ?? If you are doing FOWLR you dont need new bulbs IMO.

If they are burned out and are strait pin I have a ton of old bulbs you can have.

LMK,
Nick

twinclan

Actually, I only have 1 working. One of the ballasts isn't even working. I was looking for a 50/50 square pin. I only have the actinic working right now. Like I said 1 of the ballasts are out and I don't think I really even need t replace it since I don't have anything but rock and fish, and a few stray mushrooms that I am not that worried about. I was hoping that just 1 50/50 bulb would work.

The funny thing is, is that I have 2 actinics but no 10k or 50/50 bulbs. I totally agree with you that I don't really need new bulbs and that is why I am cringing when I think about spending $60 on a bulb since I don't need the best of the best for lighting.

SHARKBAITNC

Actualy mine are square pin:hmm3: I dont have a 50/50 but do have 10k and actinics you are more than welcome to some if you want it deff beats $60 :(

Nick

twinclan

Looked at them but shipping was high just for 1 bulb. I also checked out Marine and reef for their generic bulbs