Penductors and 4-way OM

too much pressure for the drum... it will work, but it will make for excessive wear and tear on the motor and drum.

there's an RC member in philly, Jay4Robin check out the PARC board here. he's supposedly got penductors on an OM.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9822741#post9822741 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hahnmeister
too much pressure for the drum... it will work, but it will make for excessive wear and tear on the motor and drum.

Hahn, does that go for SCWD drums too? any advice is gratefully recieved

I have 4 penductors in two circuits connected to 2 SCWDs, all powered by an Ocean Runner 1600. Been running for 8 months with no problems. The penductors really do multiple the flow. The random water motion in the tank is the closest I've ever seen to real wave motion.

Oh yeah... the pressure that the penductors need might even cause the SCWD to explode... normal operation is out of the question.

If you want a flow controller for a system using penductors/eductors, you should be looking at something like this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=110117564918&rd=1&rd=1

A 3-way ball valve with electronic solenoid. They do make a 'pop' and click every time they rotate though, but they are perhaps the only valve that can take the pressure needed for an eductor system.

Spears and Hayward are two mfg's to look at.

Me personally, I dont think eductors are worth it. The amount of flow you lose from the back pressure is pretty serious, and you need a higher pressure (higher wattage) pump, and then, even though you may get back 4-5x the flow from the eductor, thats only 4-5x the flow actually going through the eductor, which on a 2000gph pump, might only be 800gph or less, and a couple hundred watts on the pump.

Its just easier, IMO, to run lower-pressure, flow-rated, low-wattage pumps with open outlets and larger piping. Thats what the OM was designed for really.

Back