Anyone? Not sure what this one is.

Rebuild24.jpg

My favorite Ric Rock.

Rebuild25.jpg

Not so in focus monti digita from Minh

Rebuild26.jpg

14" tall Red Colt

Rebuild27.jpg

Some zoas, including radioactive dragon eyes and some that I've dubbed oreos. I'm sure they have a name, but I like oreos.

Rebuild28.jpg

The last picture of the day.

Up next is the closed loop and SCWD mod.

I'll post pictures of the new torch coral, clove polyps that I got from Paul V. and my new 10 gallon nano in a few days.

I'd like to see the sump you are using. Often people ask me what they can fit under their corner tanks, so perhaps yours will provide another solution.

Your full tank shots reveal tons of corals in the tank. It is nice because they are all nice and small, like a "mini" reef. As they grow out, things will have to change and you may have to give up some corals to make room for your favorites.

Thanks for sharing your reef with us. :)

Yes, fitting equipment under a corner tank is a HUGE challenge. And let me say getting a post on my thread from the infamous melev is huge honor. Big fan of your reefcasts...

I'm running a stripped out Amiracle wet/dry (24x12x16). I need to replace it with a custom sump, but haven't had the chance to build anything yet. I have my return and ER CS6-1 in the back half. My UV sterilizer draws in from the back and returns in the front, where the return pump is and some cheato and a light running opposite photo periods from the display.

This leads to a problem with having to use a sponge filter on my return, to keep from sucking the the cheato. one more thing to clean. This leaves me with less than have the bottom for other things. I've hung my power strips from the inside of the stand on the "walls". My Korallin will be added and a bucket for my ATO if there is enough room left.

While I love how the corner fits in my house, the usable space under the tank is TERRIBLE!

Pictures to follow.

As requested, a pic under the tank. This picture is looking through the door of the stand. Just of camera to the left, on the back of the door frame I have a power strip and timer strip mounted. There is curently some empty space (as I just cleaned up and organized the equipment tonight) on the far back right for my Koralin Calcium reactor and CO2 bottle.

UnderStand082307.jpg

That looks pretty packed. :) What is the blue film for on the front of the sump? Worried algae will grow in the top off jug?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10622770#post10622770 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by melev
That looks pretty packed. :) What is the blue film for on the front of the sump? Worried algae will grow in the top off jug?

Yup, not a lot of space at all. It will be really tight once I setup the Korallin.

The blue painters tape was the line for the sump, to remind my wife how much water to add. I just put the ATO on this evening and haven't pulled the tape yet.

Aaron - glad the urchin is working out well. I hardly saw the spiney in my tank.

ATO is working like a champ. Now I have to find something bigger than that 5 gallon container, but short enough to still fit in the stand.

The tank looks very nice. I have a 92 corner as well and the stand was an absolute nightmare to deal with. After running for 5 months, I finally had a friend drill through the floor and I now have 2 Rubbermaid's for a 70 sump and a 70 gallon fuge in a 10' x 21' fishroom. I just about lost my mind in that stand and it was a fire hazard waiting to happen!

Sara - If only! I live in California, and we don't have basements. In fact I have a single story home, so there just aren't many options.

I do have a coat closet on the other side of the wall. I had thought about turning th closet into a fish closet, but because of the electronics for my wireless, telephone, internet, etc are all housed in a panel on the wall in that closet I'm a bit leary of any open containers of water.

Worst case, I can put a large 20 gallon closed lid container for topoff water in the closet and run a tube through the wall to the ATO.

Back