PFO Ballast HQI or non-HQI

derek4real

I have recently purchased a Dual 400W Ballast "PFO"

Got it for 150.00 and included reflectors and bulbs <--Hella Good Deal

There is no sticker on it, to identify it being a HQI Ballast. Is there a way to see which one I have? It appears to be older and does not have switches and special connector cords. The only thing that makes it resemble the PFO is the case.

Previous owner was using it with mogul sockets.

I am looking at buying bulbs for it but got to find out what kinda ballast it is.

PFO001.jpg

PFO002.jpg

does not look like a pfo to me because of the connector cords.
strange that it would have 1 power cord & no switches.

If there is no sticker with an ANSI code on the case, pull off the cover and the ANSI code should be listed on the transformers themselves inside the case.

I was wondering if there are any knock off PFO / Look-a-like Ballasts?
I did a search on google and could not find this one. All I was able to get were PFO EYE ballast or PFO HQI Ballast. I did not see regular 400W (magnetic) ballasts.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14794797#post14794797 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by derek4real
I was thinking of getting (SE) XM 20K or Reeflux 20K

what would you suggest for color?

Dont know anything about the 400 watt halides in terms of how they look, etc. Unfortunately, the color and relative intensity of many of the different brands of bulbs across the different wattages and base types is not always consistent. So my experience with 150, 175 and 250 watt lamps, many of which I am familiar with, wont necessarily translate to the 400 watt lamps.

I would suggest starting a new post with 400 watt lamp suggestions or something similiar in the title. That way you can get descriptions and opinions from those reefers who actually use the 400 watters.

Back