ph droping after canoby chancing

tasos

Hello sps keepers,
My name is Tasos, I live in Greece and I have a 160G sps system(100 main tank, 60 G sump with refugium, two skimmers and much cryptic fauna).My tanks ph is between 8,17-8,37 for 5 months now, and the fish and the corals are healthy,colorfull and growing.I have 6 T5 lighting tubes over it, that use to be in a DIY wooden canoby with no special reflective ability.Last night I changed it with 3 special paravolic reflectors with the same lighting.Ph has dropped within a day to about 8,13 in the evening.I changed nothing else.What is wrong?Any stress in the algae or the corals in the main tank would drop the ph that much?
Thank you in advance!!!!!!!!!

It could be the change in weather. The oxygen and carbon dioxide relationship going on here. I would first open up the windows in your home for a few hours before addressing this in any other manner.

Add some fans to the canopy to get some fresh o2 in there. A ph drop to 8.13 is nothing I would worry about though.

the canoby is open now,the lights are hanging from the ceiling.Ph stayed in usual levels during the night....I will keep informing you!!Thanks!!

Back