PH problems, what to add to saltwater?

rfdoc

I'm having PH problems, the readings are consistently between 7.6-7.9 in the past few months. I'm using a probe that has been calibrated for the measurements. After doing some research online I figure it is most probably because of excess Carbon Dioxide in the house since we have the A/C on most of the time and all the windows shut. Currently when I do water changes I am only adding salt to my RO water, nothing else. What can or should I be adding, and will anything help raise the PH? Should I be doing the 2-part additives procedure? Also I've read people add limewater to their tanks, how is this done and what is it for? Thanks.

Thanks, I did see that article that was where I got the idea about the carbon dioxide possibly being the cause. I tried one buffer, I think it was called Proper PH but all it did was raise it for a day or two and then it dropped back down. I was looking to see what people add to their change water on a routine basis.

That article is great! Aeration is one more reason to have a sump and good, active protein skimming.

Helped a lot to know that pH and alkalinity are directly proportional at a constant aeration.

Back