Phos-Buster Pro

I have used it on my tank at least three times and my phosphate level has always been undetectable. I am sure if I didn’t use it I would have phosphates because that is all I have used to control them up until now. I have around 100 SPS and none of them have ever been affected by it at all. I was using it once every three months. So it gets a :thumbsup: from me. I wish I could use it on my other tank but I have read for some weird reason this stuff will kill a yellow tang and that tank houses my 11 year old yellow tang. So I can’t risk that of course. If it doesn’t hurt yellow tangs I wish someone would let me know so I can use it on both tanks!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10492140#post10492140 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nwrogers
I have used it on my tank at least three times and my phosphate level has always been undetectable. I am sure if I didn’t use it I would have phosphates because that is all I have used to control them up until now. I have around 100 SPS and none of them have ever been affected by it at all. I was using it once every three months. So it gets a :thumbsup: from me. I wish I could use it on my other tank but I have read for some weird reason this stuff will kill a yellow tang and that tank houses my 11 year old yellow tang. So I can’t risk that of course. If it doesn’t hurt yellow tangs I wish someone would let me know so I can use it on both tanks!

What was your phosphate levels before you used it? How about right before the three month mark? Many people have "undetectable" phosphates using a number of test kits, that's why I ask. Understand, I'm not discrediting what you've stated, just wondering if the levels are accurately being tested.

A good example, I have 0 phosphates, and always have with a Salifert kit. However, I've found the Elos to give me pretty good variations depending on the age of my Rowaphos.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10492937#post10492937 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RokleM
What was your phosphate levels before you used it? How about right before the three month mark? Many people have "undetectable" phosphates using a number of test kits, that's why I ask. Understand, I'm not discrediting what you've stated, just wondering if the levels are accurately being tested.

A good example, I have 0 phosphates, and always have with a Salifert kit. However, I've found the Elos to give me pretty good variations depending on the age of my Rowaphos.

No offence taken at all. I am using a Salifert test kit for my phosphate but I know it has the capability of reading phosphate at some level since it clearly shows phosphate in my other tank. So because my Salifert kit shows phosphate in the tank that has never used phos-buster and it reads 0 (I realize it is not actually 0 but close enough for me :) ) on the tank that has used the phos-buster I assume it has been the phos-buster that has gotten me those results. I realize my test is not very scientific but it has managed to convince me so I figure I would share it. I know melev used it at one point and he seemed to like it, that is why I gave it a try. I used it in one of my old tanks and it brought the phosphate down so I have continued to use it. I know this product scares some people but I have been using it for awhile and it seems to be working and it is safe from what I can see…

Back