Phosban Reactor and Rowa

jfitzg14

I have the TLF 150 Phosban Reactor. I have been pretty happy with it so far. I have a 30 gallon tank with no sump. can I am trying to figure out how much ROWA to use. I know that if too much is used it can affect the alkalinity. I have used a conservatively low amount. I have noticed the tumbling of the Rowa is less when I use less media. I spoke with Two Little Fishies and was told the Reactor works best with three inches of media. I think that would be too much Rowa for a 30 gallon. Any ideas/suggestions?

I have the TLF 150 Phosban Reactor. I have been pretty happy with it so far. I have a 30 gallon tank with no sump. can I am trying to figure out how much ROWA to use. I know that if too much is used it can affect the alkalinity. I have used a conservatively low amount. I have noticed the tumbling of the Rowa is less when I use less media. I spoke with Two Little Fishies and was told the Reactor works best with three inches of media. I think that would be too much Rowa for a 30 gallon. Any ideas/suggestions?

I can only share my experience with ROWA thus far, not in a media reactor, just in an overflow. I'm using a full tub (150g?) in a 30, and it's had a definite effect on PH & Alk. I've been monitoring it closely, you can see my stats over the past few days: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eGDQOHc5tyrMQMBGVxGib4mYM9SPZ2UmKsYcPy44KAo/edit?usp=sharing

TLDR - Phosphate is 0 now, having to dose BW Alkalin8.3 pretty heavily to recover dKH.

Back