PhosBan Reactor Question

2 of those should be good for that tank. you might wanna get 3 and run carbon in the third. i wouldn't get 2 pumps rather i would get a mj 600 or 900 and just plumb them together with a T.you can then use the ball valves that come with them to adjust the flow. as far as how long the media lasts it depends on the brand, but i think the top brands last about 3 months depending on how bad your phos was to begin with

I would actually suggest going no higher then a MJ 400. Should only need one pump, just daisy chain them together.

I did that on my 29 ( though I am running carbon in one, and phosban in the other )

Here is how I have mine ( for the 29 ) set up.

phos3.jpg

phos2.jpg

My initial reaction is that it sounds like a lot of $$$

I'll have to check how much my 2 cost to setup

The reactors run about $40 each .... $80
Maxi-Jet depending on the model ... $15 - $20
Phosban .................................... $11
Hydro Carbon.............................. $15

So I mean that right there max is $126

Oh and I just looked it up real quick from MarineDepot, you can probably find even better prices if you shop around some more.

WAY to pricey. You can get the reactors for 30 bucks or so at marinedepot. 1/2" ID tubing stupid cheap at a home store, and then any powerhead (maxijet 600 or so) for under 20. Media depends. 15 for the phosban. and that is under 100, I bought 1 KG of carbon so that was a bit but still way under that price.

shaginwagon13, I find that JLAquatics has about the best prices in Canada. Prices the others are referring to are US through US suppliers. By the time you import it and pay brokerage, duties, etc. JL will be cheaper. They currently have a shipping deal where it is free on purchases over $100. The package you are considering qualifies. Also you wont have to pay PST, only GST.

My system will be 400g plus sump/fuge and I decided to go with a larger reactor. I ordered the PM SR45 substrate reactor http://www.precisionmarine.com/html/substrate_reactor.html from Ocean Aquatics. It is larger than TLF and I figure one will do it. (I actually ordered 2, one for phos and one for carbon).

You still have to get the media and a water supply source for the PM.

You have to be careful when importing because brokerage fees can make a good price outrageous.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12924624#post12924624 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rockworm
shaginwagon13, I find that JLAquatics has about the best prices in Canada. Prices the others are referring to are US through US suppliers. By the time you import it and pay brokerage, duties, etc. JL will be cheaper. They currently have a shipping deal where it is free on purchases over $100. The package you are considering qualifies. Also you wont have to pay PST, only GST.

My system will be 400g plus sump/fuge and I decided to go with a larger reactor. I ordered the PM SR45 substrate reactor http://www.precisionmarine.com/html/substrate_reactor.html from Ocean Aquatics. It is larger than TLF and I figure one will do it. (I actually ordered 2, one for phos and one for carbon).

You still have to get the media and a water supply source for the PM.

You have to be careful when importing because brokerage fees can make a good price outrageous.

DOH! Didn't notice the location. :) Sorry. Then I don't know if it's a good price :)

Hee hee. Happens all the time. We canucks sometimes can only drool at the prices in the US. Even when the dollar is at par. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12925901#post12925901 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by timschmidt
DOH! Didn't notice the location.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12926134#post12926134 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rockworm
Hee hee. Happens all the time. We canucks sometimes can only drool at the prices in the US. Even when the dollar is at par. :)

haha I couldn't agree more!!

Back