Phytoplankton and rotifers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magga Pie

Does anyone have any cultures of Phyto and or rotfiers that they are willing to spare or sell? Im trying to start making my own I just need some to start off with.

I saw a product at Eco-reef the other day that had live cultures of both, they keep it in the refrigerator, I don't remember the name but it looked pretty cool.

cant have a live culture of both for grow out reasons

cant even mix strains of algae
eventualy one becomes dominate and the others die
or in the case of rotifers and phyto rotifers eat alot

and frag doctor they really need to put a warning on your ID cause i have no clue where you get your info .
yes algae can hitchhike its way in some how but it may or may not be what you want to grow
by having a starter you ensure that the dominate algae from the start is what you want
that is also the same reason you never start say.. a 5 gallon algae batch from a small capfull of algae.

now as for the rotifers.... good luck i havent had any luck with them so far using the batch method.

ok i thought you ment the rotifer packs that have algae in them for the rotifers to eat. i work retail i always expect the dumbest of things to be said lol

That explains alot lol you probably just spit out what ever they tell you in your little retail environment.
At least you do come with a warning "I work retail"
Maybe next time you see something you dont agree with you wont be so rude

Magga Pie I don't know to much about rotifers but as for your phyto question I'm sure there's nothing wrong probably better even to get some from someone but if you cant just go to Google and check out Phytoplankton and Green water

no frag 'doctor'
iv built many systems for aquaculture both personal and large scale.

i have had input on serveral companys products as well.
both existng and start up that you should see on the market within the next year.

feel free to apologize any time buddy

rc is kinda wierd about that so
just call up any store that carrys dr'g's and they should have the copepods in phyto

altho imo it is a waste of money as with all of the zoo plankton products the density is SO low. so unless your planning on breeding them then feeding it is really pointless and or expensive

copepods in a bottle is just about the best scam ever.

frag 'doctor'
care to say what is so funny?
I havent seen you post anything of any value yet in anythread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back