Phytoplankton, do you use it

AlexnLinda

I'm reading articles on adding phytoplankton to the tank for soft corals, clams, feather dusters and other inverts. who uses it and where do you get it. anyone making there own? wanna sell? im thinking about making it but dont have the room. thanks

well i use it........go take a gander at it under my small tank alexnlinda. hehehe. Well I use the powder and then I mix it with selcon and cyclopeeze to enrich it along with everything else. Are you looking for live phytoplankton? It works for us to enrich it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11039692#post11039692 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bethnjeremy
well i use it........go take a gander at it under my small tank alexnlinda. hehehe. Well I use the powder and then I mix it with selcon and cyclopeeze to enrich it along with everything else. Are you looking for live phytoplankton? It works for us to enrich it.

Why dont you grow some.. I have all the instructions all we need is the stuff, crap we might be able to sell it also..

I use the freeze dried cyclopeeze and with everything else i do put in my tank I soak them in selcon to enrich everything. Since we have started using selcon I have noticed a difference at feeding. It drives the fish crazy!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11045496#post11045496 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bethnjeremy
I use the freeze dried cyclopeeze and with everything else i do put in my tank I soak them in selcon to enrich everything. Since we have started using selcon I have noticed a difference at feeding. It drives the fish crazy!!

but where did you get the cyclopeeze from?

ppm and aquaculture both have it. you can also buy it in small portions (but expensive portions) at the pet box in there little glass-door refrigerator thing they have over by the aquatic section.

if you look a few threads down, the departed made a thread about where to find the stuff at also...

but I put it into cliff notes for you. :)

just picked up some from PPM.. a 4x4 inch square cost me 1600 yennies.. could probably get it cheaper from Aquaculture. Planning on going down there soon, I'll price it when I do.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11047760#post11047760 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TheDeparted
just picked up some from PPM.. a 4x4 inch square cost me 1600 yennies.. could probably get it cheaper from Aquaculture. Planning on going down there soon, I'll price it when I do.

i'm planning on going there also very soon, need some more soft coral trees. I'll check the price out if you havent gotten a chance to..

Back