Pic of my 76 corner tank

Schplitter

Thank you guys.

I still need to replace the texas holey rock with live rock but that will come as soon as I find something really, really cheap.

Sorry about the bad picture. This was the best I could get without a flash.

BK

Armeygal

HMM I seem to remember CICHLIDS in that tank...LMAO!!!! Hey BK looks nice, quit being cheap and ditch that holey rock...LOL...U know we are considered traders now to that "Other" forum... ;-)Im sure the saltys here can hook you up with lr.. I dont have any to spare yet or id do it. So you going to go full blown like you did with the cichlids and turn the basement into a coral factory?? I got some mushrooms their just purple, but hey looks like you could use a few in that tank.. they are taking over my nano cube. I only bought one and have around 20 now!!! in a 12 gallon they are taking over rapidly!!

Schplitter

Traders we are in deed. lol. I need to start selling all my cichlids and start turning that into a corral propagation system. The cost of a 2000gal system for salt water alone would be interesting to say the least.

BTW: If anyone is looking to buy a system with 6 40 gallon breeders and 4 20 gallon Longs with sump and pump all the plumbing and nice sturdy rack PM me.

BK

Im Lon 2

Premium Member
I would be afraid to replace the base rock, and never get the tank to look as good as it does now.. It looks great.. I wouldn't change it..

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9299264#post9299264 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Schplitter
Traders we are in deed.
Traders, you are not.. Most of our members are members of both clubs, which is great to us.

Schplitter

Thank you Im Lon 2. I heared that your tank is quiet the sight....

The only reason I would like to change that rock out is because I need more bio filtration the natural way.

I just got myself a great skimmer. Euro Reef. Not sure of the model number but if people ae not over exagurating then this should be great no matter what it is.

pewter_jean

Maybe I am wrong, But I thought I read some where that texas holy rock is great to use as a base rock. And over time it will become live rock. Maybe I miss read it. If what you have in there will work long term, then I wouldn't change a thing. You will never get it to work like that again. I agree with Lonnie, I wouldn't touch a thing.

Schplitter

That's the stuff. The draw back to it is that it is heavy and it is not pourous at all. Maybe I will leave it alone and just start saving for a huge tank.

Im Lon 2

Premium Member
Do you have a sump? If so just through as much live rock in the sump as possible. and you should be fine.

Schplitter

I have to toss some LR rubble in the sump anyway.
If this stuff does encrust with coraline algae then I might leave it alone.

Im Lon 2

Premium Member
It will, give it 6-8 months.. My Coraline took off when I started dripping pickling lime every day.

Schplitter

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9308844#post9308844 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Im Lon 2
It will, give it 6-8 months.. My Coraline took off when I started dripping pickling lime every day.

This sounds interesting. Can you tell me more????