picked up some tunzes

Yinger

Premium Member
Finally broke down and bought the tunzes... at least that takes care of one of the most expensive things... I opened one of the boxes... man these things look complicated compared to other powerheads. Where does everyone put their transformer?

Tunze002.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7549332#post7549332 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by REEFER714
I mount them on the stand or on the wall.

So you mount the round transformer there? what about the other silver box? and the controller?

yeh, they didn't have any where i picked it up, but that's definitely what i'm going to use to mount them. I can see why they are so expensive now. Everything is built really well.

Every nice stuffs, Seio is no where near. I have 2 x Seio pumps and I am scare to turn them off. They probably won't be able to start back up. LOL

lol! I was going to use seios... but i figured with this new setup, I'll just splurge at the beginning. I had seios before that never failed, but then again, I didn't turn them off and on. I can't wait to get these hooked up. Wont' be a while tho i'm afraid...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7549361#post7549361 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Yinger
So you mount the round transformer there? what about the other silver box? and the controller?

I have the silver box on the wall and the ground transformer right below it. I learn my lesson from previous electric shock 6 months ago when i used to have all my wire on the floor.

You should go with the magnet. soooo convenience you can move them around without putting your hand in the tank. be careful with the magnet though, don't let your finger get stuck in the middle. AIN'T PRETTY. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7549922#post7549922 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by REEFER714
You should go with the magnet. soooo convenience you can move them around without putting your hand in the tank. be careful with the magnet though, don't let your finger get stuck in the middle. AIN'T PRETTY. :)

i just messed around with the brackets for about an hour and can't do anything with them. I am definitely getting the magnet holders... damn thing is way too complicated haha. Magnets are that strong huh?

It is very strong. My friend messing around with the 6080 magnet holder when i first bought the 6100, he got his finger stuck between the two pieces :) his finger turned blue for couple days.

Forget the Seios, you did the right thing. The Tunzes last forever and use less electricity.

Yeah... as said above, be VERY careful with those magnets. The "Achtung!" warning stickers everywhere are there for a reason!

haha, oh wow... those magnets are that strong huh? I was planning on getting the 6080.50 but then i heard the sure grips work fine as well. not sure which one to get.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7551760#post7551760 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by REEFER714
It is very strong. My friend messing around with the 6080 magnet holder when i first bought the 6100, he got his finger stuck between the two pieces :) his finger turned blue for couple days.
Tell him he is lucky you didn't have the 6200 magnets. I got mine stuck together one day and without tools there was no way those things were coming apart.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7552441#post7552441 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gcarroll
Tell him he is lucky you didn't have the 6200 magnets. I got mine stuck together one day and without tools there was no way those things were coming apart.

haha, now i'm worried about using the magnets... so even the 6080.50 is that strong huh. i have to measure how thick my glass is to see which ones i'll need. What do you guys think of the suregrips? or should i just get the tunzes?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7551929#post7551929 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Yellow world
I use this magnetic holder to mount all my tunzer streams. It's smaller than Turnzer magnet and powerful.

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_powerheads_pumps_algae_free_sure_grip_holder.asp

I use these for my seios, I bought them because they were compatible with tunze if I were to go that way down the line. I'm impressed with the size, not as wide as the tunze holder but I wish fit was more secure. The magnetic action is solid but it pretty much uses gravity to keep the pump on it's holder on the inside half of the mount, no problems with pumps floating away though. Should be fine as long as you don't point it towards the floor; this also doesn't allow upside down mounting, at least with my seios.

Here is a pic from the inside of my stand.

01052006_007.jpg

The round hockey puck shaped thing just sits on the ground underneath the silver box and the controller box.

Cheers
Josh

Back