pickling lime on island?

bethnjeremy

I came across an article to eradicate aiptasia's using pickling lime and boiling water. Does anyone know if they sell this on island? Or has anyone tried the joes juice? I have tried just boiling water and lemon juice, no success. Well i finally got my 150 tank up and going. If interested it is listed up my other post of 150 gal in progress.

regurlar lime juice that you get at the commisary will work also. I had a bad aptaisia problem before.. never really got rid of all of them. but if your vigilant and keep at it, you might get lucky.

Again, this is why its best to thourly cook your LR before putting it in your tank.

I have also heard that Copper Banded Butterfly fish will eat aptaisia. Joes Juice works as well.

i want a copper band butterfly but i have never seen them in the stores anywhere on island. I tried the lime juice but it didn't kill off the aiptasia in the tank, any of them.

A banded butterfly does eat small aiptasias. I tried one but it picked at the polyps of every kind. No, it's not a reef safe fish. I also tried cutting the nuisnace anemone, but they grow back ever quickly. Chem-Marin's Stop Aiptasia worked well though! It smells like hot sauce and peppers.
After application, the limp anemones can be sucked out within ten minutes...

Make a Man (monkey store) has Copper banded butterfly fish for 1500 yen. At least the one on 224 did a couple weeks ago.

Back