Pickling Lime

lakee911

I'm no longer able to find Pickling Lime at Krogers near me (on Chambers Rd or N. High St). I've also tried Giant Eagle but it's not carried there either.

I've been out for some time and have been dosing alot two-part w/ depressed pH for some time now. :(

Any local sources?

Thx,
Jason

I would suspect that is related to the time of year.
Andersons is another place I have found it.

I have a full jar I do not need. I stopped dosing Kalk a while ago and just run the Ca Reactor now.

You are welcome to it, if you can't find any locally soon. It was only $2 when I picked it up at Kroger.

I am in Gahanna now so it is a bit fo a drive from campus, but there are some great stores close by ;)

Thanks, Ken. Let me check out the ole Walmart and Anderson's and if it's still no go I'll hit you up.

if you have a buehlers grocery store down there try them. whenever i go in there to get some any season of the year they have it.

I was searching for some a while back and pretty much gave up on finding it. I went to phishy's and they had at the time one gallon containers of ESV kalk powder for $20. It is more expensive but not by to much that it makes it not worth buying. I'm not sure if they still have it at that price any more though.

The 1 gallon containers were $25 at Phishy a few months ago when I picked one up, just before I stopped dosing Kalk.

I got tired of replacing the impellers in my Mixing pump (MJ 600). The high pH was eating them up pretty quickly (3-4 months).

I noticed their 250w Stealth heaters went from $24 to $36 too.

I found some at Walmart Easton last night and bought it all. If you ask for Canning Supplies they'll point you to the home goods area. Over there, I found that there were no more mason jars, but Mrs. Wages pickling lime was $2/lb.

Thanks all.

Back