Pics after 125 to 180

Southern Boy

DSCF0094.jpg
DSCF0095.jpg
DSCF0096.jpg

Freakin' awesome, laddystar! Do you have any equipment/sump pics? Love to know what lights you are running with this setup. :)

Actually everything is new.I just installed a 75 gallon refuge that was
DSCF0100.jpg
very fun to fit under the stand and didn't leave alot of room!
DSCF0097.jpg
DSCF0101.jpg

Still got alot of bugs to work out. Havn't even had time to get the skimmer in!As of now there are 2 250 halides in and 2 96 watt PC 03's for lights. I'm putting another 250 and 2 more 96's in in a couple of days.

Thanks I have another 40 pounds of lr that I'm still not sure where to place. I'm sure I'll finf some where for it even if it hits the fuge!

thats my tank, same size, same overflow and inflow and i bet yours is acrylic? truly a piece of art, you got it, one question, you dont have any extra power heads, the reason i ask is that a week ago i got these tunzi's and they blow water like crazy and the fish dont like them at all and my tank looked better before those, you dont have them, i will basically put the coral etc over time to look like yours, why the tunzi's and how long has your tank looked like that, thanx soo much

I'd really like to see some pics after you upgrade the lights. I've been gathering parts for a 180 for awhile now, the only lights I have so far are (3) 250w halides, undecided about actinics as of yet.

Oh, and your tank looks awesome right now IMHO. :rollface:

Actually there are 2 802's in there. 1 in each corner aiming out at a angle towards the front of the tank. 1 high and 1 low. I have a mag 24 for my main return but I have it backed down a little dur to micro bubbles,Probably puitting out about 1600 an hour. The tank is glass but the sump is acrilic.

I should have the rest of the lights in by early next week. I'm waitingon a sheet of polished aluminum. I'm gonna cover most of the inside of the hood with it.The tank is not as bright as my 125 was due to 7 more inches in hight and the loss of the blue back.
DSCF0074.jpg
DSCF0073.jpg
These are not the best pics for brightness seems how I am just learning how to fine toon the camera and didn't feel like adjusting the color .

No the 1st pics are of the 180 The last ones were the 125.The one's with the bluue background.And it was only up for about 4 months. I had a 48 bow front that ai out grew in a matter of months!!!

I've got hamilton screw in type(forgive my lack of not knowing the real name) and they are 14 k's.The actinics are coralife 03's. I have some blue actinics also and was goona time them to cme on 1st after the moonlights then go to the 03's and then to the halides, but the wife don't like the blue. I kinda like it when all 3 are on. Gives that slight blue hue to the water.

I see what you mean about the loss of light going from the 125 to the 180, and that's understandable. It think you made the right choice with the background though, the black looks much better, really highlights the colors in your corals.

Wow, you're my kind of woman.
Just kidding,I read your thread on changing your username. :)
Very nice tank!

Back