Pics from Huahine, French Polynesia

bmwardo

Hey all, I was doing some spring computer cleaning and found my snorkeling shots from our honeymoon in French Polynesia. I figured I would share some of my favorites. Overall, where I was, the fish and animal life was fantastic under the water but I was disappointed with the coral life (granted I was always within the lagoon area). Anyways please enjoy. I will see how many decent shots I can round up:
This is Huahine, the island we spent most of our time on:
This particular section has no roads whatsoever, so the islanders only access it by boat/canoe.
DSCN3618.jpg

DSCN3606.jpg

This hut sits on reef that drops dramatically infront of it, the currents are excellent here so they farm black pearls right in the middle of the lagoon.
DSCN3676.jpg

Getting in the water:
This was about the extent of the SPS, just large patches of staghorn.
DSCN3646.jpg

More coming...

In the water...

In the water...

DSCN3566.jpg

After following some Moorish Idols I came upon a Crown of Thorns
DSCN3629.jpg

Here is a close up:
DSCN3630.jpg

Many clams, just stuck right inside the rock:
DSCN3559.jpg

Anemones

Anemones

I found this anemone(Heteractis magnifica? Anyone know for certain?) with a family of Damsels:
DSCN3579.jpg

Up Close:
DSCN3581.jpg

The mother wasn't soo keen on me next to her home!
DSCN3594.jpg

A bit later I found a massive crop of anemones covering both sides of this boulder, it was just fantastic!
DSCN3601.jpg

Last edited:
I am happy to share, it really was a beautiful place.

I almost forgot this little guy, I was barely able to get a shot of this blue spotted boxfish:
DSCN3653.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9831728#post9831728 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Reef'in Colorado
Nice pics!! What type of camera was used?

Hey, Thanks! I actually just used my Nikon coolpix 3200 in a plastic housing

Back