Pics of Closed Loop Refugium

zenzence

Premium Member
Here is my new Closed Loop Refugium! Thoughts?
96563refugium_resize.jpg

i think you may have problems with eventual algae growth on the acrylic sides and in a short time will block light and decrease its penetration.

you can keep it clean but that seems like a lot of work to continually take the cylinder apart to clean the sides etc.

bergzy,
ya could be a issue I have a red sea max avoiding overflow or sump! Cylinder comes apart very easy just loosen screws give top a turn and it comes off. Do not have to remove screws all the way. We shall see

Update

Update

Well it has been a few year and my closed loop refugium has been really great. The only problem I have is some red bubble algea growing in tube that feeds refugium. I clean that out once a month and no problems.

Pics please. I would think you would have coralline and other algae build up on the clear acrylic. I get a bunch in my skimmer that gets light from my fuge. Cool setup.

Ok so here are a couple pics of refugium. I have had this refugium running non stop since 2009. I got it from I believe his name was jeff over at lifereef.com.

The refugium is extremely well built and comes complete with quick disconnect connections. The quick connects are extremely important makes the refugium extremely easy to move and clean hoses.

So anyway I have plently of coraline algea all over my tank but very little in the refugium. I have a 6500K bulb I got from lowes with a simple clamp style lamp hooked up to timer.

Without light

With Light On

Back