Picture of pacific sun fixture on a tank mounted with spider legs?

mikoz

Hi all,

Does anyone have a picture of a pacific sun fixture mounted to a tank with the spider legs? I am not sure this looks good,but wanted to see an actual photo mounted on a tank, if anyone could share. Thanks so much !

Give me a couple days and I'll be able to get you one of the Hyperion S over my tank. My fixture should ship today or tomorrow.

Give me a couple days and I'll be able to get you one of the Hyperion S over my tank. My fixture should ship today or tomorrow.

Thanks. I see that PAC sun just announced a Black Friday sale.

I'm still having 3 problems with pacific sun that's preventing me from ordering:

1. The fact that there's only 1 distributor/dealer in the US.
2. The fact that the hyperion is only 1 light, if it breaks, it's going to be difficult. Point number 1 makes it worse
3. I have yet to see a pic of what the spider legs look like on a tank. Given that they jet out front to back , I am not so sure it will look good.

Wow. Now I'm mad. I paid in full ($1,349) on October 8th and just received my lights on Friday. Unfortunately, they forgot to include the mounting rails so I can't do anything with them.

So it took 45 days to get them and now they go on sale. I wouldn't be complaining if they had been delivered a month and a half ago, but just getting them Friday when they go on sale isn't cool.

So far this isn't turning out to be a good transaction.

The lights look nice except for the power cords being the European model with a huge adapter attached to the end. They come off at a weird angle, blocking other outlets and are the size of a Volkswagen Bug. I'm going to have to replace them with something. I really don't understand why they wouldn't send US plugs. It's not like I spent $1400 on them or something.

Hopefully this entire ordeal gets better once I get them up and running.

Wow. Now I'm mad. I paid in full ($1,349) on October 8th and just received my lights on Friday. Unfortunately, they forgot to include the mounting rails so I can't do anything with them.

So it took 45 days to get them and now they go on sale. I wouldn't be complaining if they had been delivered a month and a half ago, but just getting them Friday when they go on sale isn't cool.

So far this isn't turning out to be a good transaction.

The lights look nice except for the power cords being the European model with a huge adapter attached to the end. They come off at a weird angle, blocking other outlets and are the size of a Volkswagen Bug. I'm going to have to replace them with something. I really don't understand why they wouldn't send US plugs. It's not like I spent $1400 on them or something.

Hopefully this entire ordeal gets better once I get them up and running.

Hi
Sorry about that.
However it makes you feel better your grief has finally cemented my decision to not go with pacific sun.
It just strengthened my concerns and aligns with other feedback.

I hope it works out for you.

Mike

That wasn't my intention. The light looks very well built and I'm excited to get them installed and up and running. I'm not trying to sway anyone's decision (yet), only to provide honest feedback. I know the fixtures aren't as common in the US as the other manufacturers, so I'm trying to be as objective as possible.

I'll see what they say about this and that will give me an indication of their customer support.

On paper though, I think their fixtures are the best on the market, at least in my opinion with my limited knowledge.

Not too keen on the power cords. I'll have to buy something for NewEgg to replace them. I'm not a European power expert, but the power cord only has two prongs going into the adapter. That makes me think that the aren't even grounded, but I'm not sure.

Spyder, thank you so much for the feedback. I was also considering Pac Sun but not any more.

Spyder, thank you so much for the feedback. I was also considering Pac Sun but not any more.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to influence anyone's decision at this point, but obviously it's your decision.

As I was told some of the delay surrounded a holdup in customs, which I can understand. I'm a patient person, so I won't make my final decision before the manufacturer gets an opportunity to respond about the current sale. That's what has me a little ticked. Especially since I just got them.

The lights do look very nice though. They have a beautiful powder coat on them and a very solid feel. The look and feel well made.

Maybe this is just a logistics issue with trying to increase their presence in the United States. I'll see what they say. I understand that businesses can go through growing pains having one myself. It's a matter of addressing client concerns, doing the right thing and adapting your business for the future.

Don't jump ship just yet. I haven't even turned them on yet. :)

That wasn't my intention. The light looks very well built and I'm excited to get them installed and up and running. I'm not trying to sway anyone's decision (yet), only to provide honest feedback. I know the fixtures aren't as common in the US as the other manufacturers, so I'm trying to be as objective as possible.

I'll see what they say about this and that will give me an indication of their customer support.

On paper though, I think their fixtures are the best on the market, at least in my opinion with my limited knowledge.

I understand, please don't take it that way. Your reply just added to my already formed opinions.

It's sort of comical that they wouldn't ship an American power plug. And that they forgot the mounts.
My primary concern is if it takes that long to get a new set and that's what you get (wrong cord, missing mount) imagine what the service experience will be like.

I am going to go with ai hydra 52. Plenty of support, comes in modular sizes (not one big unit), better control with the director, American power cord. :)

I understand, please don't take it that way. Your reply just added to my already formed opinions.

It's sort of comical that they wouldn't ship an American power plug. And that they forgot the mounts.
My primary concern is if it takes that long to get a new set and that's what you get (wrong cord, missing mount) imagine what the service experience will be like.

I am going to go with ai hydra 52. Plenty of support, comes in modular sizes (not one big unit), better control with the director, American power cord. :)

I agree. My short list of lights also includes the AI Hydra 52 and the new Kessil A360W-E

I was thinking of gettin the fixture also but there are so little reviews on them here in the US it's just hard to pull the trigger. It's not like Kessil,Ai ect... All the major brands easy to get a review on them!

Plus the cord would **** me off for that kind of money they should had checked the list twice before sending out with out spyder.

It reviews/product that make a company into what they.

I was thinking of gettin the fixture also but there are so little reviews on them here in the US it's just hard to pull the trigger. It's not like Kessil,Ai ect... All the major brands easy to get a review on them!

Plus the cord would **** me off for that kind of money they should had checked the list twice before sending out with out spyder.

It reviews/product that make a company into what they.

I agree. The purchase price is just too big to deal with that sort of stuff.

Frankly, if I waited a month and a half (like the other member) for initial delivery, and it came without the mount and had a wrong (or incorrectly stitched together) power cord, I'd just call them up and ask for an RMA. Obviously, that's just my opinion, but you're talking about $1000+ for LEDs, it really should be perfect. Just wait to see what happens in 6 months when you call them up when the unit has a failure.........

I just ordered my AI director and rails, just waiting for the hydra52 modules. What I like most about the AI system is that it's more than 1 light (some redundancy) and it can be moved to another tank. For example, if I got another system going I could easily mix the lights or move them even if the tank dimensions are not the same. With the Pac sun system, you're pretty much locked into a certain horizontal range of sizes..... I'm always thinking of where the 'end of the line' is for something I purchase and with a single unit.

Problem solved. I received an email from Yorgos, the US Pacific Sun representative, and he addressed all my concerns. He was very apologetic and explained what happened with my shipment.

There was nothing he could do about the 2 week customs delay and there is obviously no way that he had any control over that at all. He indicated that they do ship US power supply cables out with all their fixtures, but apparently were waiting for their order of power supply cables. One of his employees knew that I had been waiting so long for my fixture and in an attempt to get me the fixture as soon as possible, he sent them out with temporary adapters. They were going to ship me some when they arrived, but apparently he forgot to send me an email regarding that aspect.

He offered to pay me for cords if I had already purchased them or ship me some as soon as his delivery arrived.

Yorgos apologized multiple times for the missing tank mounts and indicated that there was no excuse for them not being included. Problem solved in my book. I'm a huge fan of communication, and am a very understanding person if you do the right thing when problems arise.

In my book, all my concerns have been addressed and things have been set straight. People make mistakes and things happen. Pacific Sun stepped up on a Sunday night, wrote me a lengthy email apologizing for the issues and did everything in their power to make things right. I'm satisfied.

To those of you that reversed your decision, I would like you to reconsider. One thing I didn't talk about was their pre-sale customer service. Prior to the sale, I had been talking with Yorgos about a fixture recommendation through email and over the phone. I went back through my email and had apparently exchanged 27 emails and 2 phone calls. That is a good bit of time to spend with someone that hasn't even ordered anything yet.

Anyway, for all those reading this, Pacific Sun has done the right thing in my book and has addressed all my concerns to my satisfaction. I am happy now and look forward to using my fixture. The fish are excited too because they get a new light for their house. :D Stay tuned for the fixture review. ;)

Problem solved. I received an email from Yorgos, the US Pacific Sun representative, and he addressed all my concerns. He was very apologetic and explained what happened with my shipment.

There was nothing he could do about the 2 week customs delay and there is obviously no way that he had any control over that at all. He indicated that they do ship US power supply cables out with all their fixtures, but apparently were waiting for their order of power supply cables. One of his employees knew that I had been waiting so long for my fixture and in an attempt to get me the fixture as soon as possible, he sent them out with temporary adapters. They were going to ship me some when they arrived, but apparently he forgot to send me an email regarding that aspect.

He offered to pay me for cords if I had already purchased them or ship me some as soon as his delivery arrived.

Yorgos apologized multiple times for the missing tank mounts and indicated that there was no excuse for them not being included. Problem solved in my book. I'm a huge fan of communication, and am a very understanding person if you do the right thing when problems arise.

In my book, all my concerns have been addressed and things have been set straight. People make mistakes and things happen. Pacific Sun stepped up on a Sunday night, wrote me a lengthy email apologizing for the issues and did everything in their power to make things right. I'm satisfied.

To those of you that reversed your decision, I would like you to reconsider. One thing I didn't talk about was their pre-sale customer service. Prior to the sale, I had been talking with Yorgos about a fixture recommendation through email and over the phone. I went back through my email and had apparently exchanged 27 emails and 2 phone calls. That is a good bit of time to spend with someone that hasn't even ordered anything yet.

Anyway, for all those reading this, Pacific Sun has done the right thing in my book and has addressed all my concerns to my satisfaction. I am happy now and look forward to using my fixture. The fish are excited too because they get a new light for their house. :D Stay tuned for the fixture review. ;)

Good to know! I'm considering their pandora fixture for my new tank

That's good. But, still, my concerns are around what happens if it breaks. Will you get any reasonable support? How long will it take for the unit to be sent it for repair and returned back. That's what would really concern me. But, at the end of the day, it's obviously a personal choice...I wish you luck and appreciate your comments and time to respond.

I have had a Pandora for almost a year, I had a issue with a fan making noise, I expressed my concern to Yorgos over at Pacific Sun and 2 days later I had a brand new fan, which was simple to replace. They give top notch customer service, I also own a Radion Pro the Pandora fixture in my opinion is a nicer fixture and I get better growth and truer colors than on my Radion Pro. I am a big fan of actually speaking to someone when I have a issue, day or night you can always reach someone over at Pacific Sun, and they will always work with you to make it right. What ever lamp you guys go with, I wish you the best of luck. I know that I am extremely happy I went with the Pandora.

I was able to get the lights mounted over the tank after I modified the mount. The minimum width of the tank needs to be 18" when the mounts are fully compressed. Since my 55g is only 12" wide, I needed to get them cut down to size. Unfortunately, the mounts only come in white for some reason, when they sell both black and white fixtures.

The mounts work correctly and do their job, but they just don't keep the fixture up high enough off the tank. I get a lot of shading in the corners. If you look at where the MP10s are sitting, it's pretty much dark.

Either I need to make my own mounts or hang them from the ceiling / wall, which is not what I want to do.

On the other hand, the fixture is very nice, although its a huge change from the T5s. The lighting is totally different and the shimmer caught me off guard. It's also weird not seeing this big fixture sitting on top of the tank.

So my initial review is that the fixture is pretty bad a$$, but the mounting options suck big time.

I'll post up a more thorough review in coming week(s) as I get more seat time with the fixture.

No making fun of my ugly tank and bleached corals. :sad2:

Just buy a pair of lamp trees so you can hang above tank Cadlights sells a nice stainless pair for 99.00

Boa1277
[/URL][/IMG]

Back