Picture Update

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
Well, I figured that this forum could us a good old-fashion picture update. So here is what I got. Feel free to add your pictures too, its picture sharing time! This is what the club is about!

20110913-DSC_0021.jpg

20110913-DSC_0023.jpg

20110913-DSC_0022.jpg

20110920-DSC_0175.jpg

20110920-DSC_0165.jpg

20110920-DSC_0164.jpg

20110913-DSC_0034.jpg

20111004-DSC_0367-2.jpg

20111003-DSC_0316.jpg

20111003-DSC_0311.jpg

Last edited:
I have a nikon d90. I also use adobe light room to balance out lighting and color issues due the the blue led lights.

nice, i've got a canon 60d. i looked at the d90 but ended up getting a better deal on the canon. nice camera though. one of these days i'll finally get pics up.

nice, i've got a canon 60d. i looked at the d90 but ended up getting a better deal on the canon. nice camera though. one of these days i'll finally get pics up.

Yeah, I got the d90 on craigslist from a profesional photographer who was upgrading. He had taken care of it and sold it at a very fair price.

Now get working on those pictures! :D

MeVsTheWorld, very nice! What is the first coral?

What did you use on that last picture, a microscope? Crazy marco shot!

That is the pink lemonade. Believe it or not, that is with a P&S camera. A tripod and no flow makes a world of difference. Keith: it's all in the wrist ;) Here is another pic of that same coral ( prism favia).
Picture13331.jpg

Great pictures Renton. I'm really liking the progress. It's very rewarding watching frags grow into nice size colonies like that!

Man talk about polyp extension Mev! Is that a pink lemonade?

Nate you need to come over and take some pictures of my tanks, I can't do them justice with a point & shoot!

(I have the same green birdsnest and it's bigger than yours) ;)

Nate you need to come over and take some pictures of my tanks, I can't do them justice with a point & shoot!

(I have the same green birdsnest and it's bigger than yours) ;)

I would love to. I have actually floated the idea around about going to club member's tanks and snapping some pictures. Not that I am a professional photographer, far from it. But I can get some decent pictures.

The real trick is to find the time (and by that I mean permission from my wife to go play with fish pals, she takes exception with the time I spend on my tank, club stuff, pictures. She says something about our 1 year old child or something :lolspin:) Disclaimer: She has a right to take exception, I do spend a lot of time with that stuff (had to cover myself, I don't think she reads the forum, but just in case ;))

Great pictures Renton. I'm really liking the progress. It's very rewarding watching frags grow into nice size colonies like that!

Man talk about polyp extension Mev! Is that a pink lemonade?

You may recognize some of the pulsing xenia in the background. Came from you along with my sea cucumber, who continues to be happily eat sand. The xenia keeps growing, can't give it away fast enough!

Well, I figured that this forum could us a good old-fashion picture update. So here is what I got. Feel free to add your pictures too, its picture sharing time! This is what the club is about!

20110920-DSC_0165.jpg

That fish is stunning! What kind of Oc is that?

20110920-DSC_0165.jpg

That fish is stunning! What kind of Oc is that?

Um, a salty critter one? I know next to nothing about the various clown fish, snowflake, misbared ect. I did not even realize she would be considered anything other then average. Her name is Calypso if that helps....:clown:

Back