Pictures of my 90g 4 months old...

H- Also Your blu tip acro Where the coral is white are there still polyps? and do they still extend? I have a blue tip from ora and keep it under four 39w t5 on an ice cap ballast and a 96 watt 12K pc.

Blue plus
ATI actinic
96w 12K pc
ATI Actinic
Blue plus

The tank is 13 inches tall (shallow) and the lights are 8 Inces from the water.
The Coral is at the very top 3 inches of the tank. When i got it it was brown now its brown blue and white.
Are you sure that the bleaching is bad or are the corals just adjusting to the lights?

H.veras

Are you sure you system can handle a drop of lugols every day.
I ahve alot more coral than that and use the dilute Iodine solution from kent marine every other week and even that is not neccesary with water changes.
I would reccommend checking your iodine levels as you may be inadvertently poisioning your critters.

yeah maybe not... i stopped with the lugols...

H- Also Your blu tip acro Where the coral is white are there still polyps? and do they still extend? I have a blue tip from ora and keep it under four 39w t5 on an ice cap ballast and a 96 watt 12K pc.

Blue plus
ATI actinic
96w 12K pc
ATI Actinic
Blue plus

The tank is 13 inches tall (shallow) and the lights are 8 Inces from the water.
The Coral is at the very top 3 inches of the tank. When i got it it was brown now its brown blue and white.
Are you sure that the bleaching is bad or are the corals just adjusting to the lights?

yeah it's has some blue tips, brown, white and they do extend. i'm not sure is bleaching or just adjusting like you are saying. but you can see the different in the picture right?

You can see the difference.

I would move the peice Forward or Backward, at the same level Iwas looking at mine and it's under the blue plus and actinic lights not so close to the
12K source. Maybe the coral needs more actinic light less day light. My five bulbs are spread evenly across 18" of width so i have areas of types of light.

Some of your other corals seem to be More healthy , The green one looks beter than it did before. However your corals are getting thin or spindle like, from what i have read on this website that would suggest high nitrates and poorer growth. (My guess would be some type of toxicity like nitrates, Phosphate, Iodine overdose.) The peices used to be very bushy or thicker.

You may want to Amquel Plus, (I think it takes care of Iodine overdose, JIC) Wet Skim and start changing water (10 - 15 a day) often see if you can purge (dilute) the system .

Good luck.

You can see the difference.

I would move the peice Forward or Backward, at the same level Iwas looking at mine and it's under the blue plus and actinic lights not so close to the
12K source. Maybe the coral needs more actinic light less day light. My five bulbs are spread evenly across 18" of width so i have areas of types of light.

Some of your other corals seem to be More healthy , The green one looks beter than it did before. However your corals are getting thin or spindle like, from what i have read on this website that would suggest high nitrates and poorer growth. (My guess would be some type of toxicity like nitrates, Phosphate, Iodine overdose.) The peices used to be very bushy or thicker.

You may want to Amquel Plus, (I think it takes care of Iodine overdose, JIC) Wet Skim and start changing water (10 - 15 a day) often see if you can purge (dilute) the system .

Good luck.

it's impossible for me to over dose; i just started dosing lugols a week ago and i already stopped... my para... i have check with two different test kit already everything is normal....

H. Veras, any update on your situation?

thanks for trying to help me out, it's really nice of you. i guess so far everything is okay, all i can think at this point is that the coral is just changing colors. it's not fading anymore so let's see how long it will last..... i hope it won't die. :D:D

No problem - I wish I could have helped more! I'm sure things will work out OK once your parameters are really consistent.

it is common for corals to lighten under T5's. They are stronger than one might imagine if you have never used them. I would try moving the blue tip down a little and see if that helps. If not put it back in a few weeks. Keep your alk stable and keep the phosphate low and feed the heck out of your fish (but don't feed them more than they can eat in one sitting as you don't want uneaten food polluting the water) several times a day.

Is your tank covered well? If not do so immediately before you find the McCoskers (beautiful fish by the way) on the floor dried up.

if you find you need more skimmer at some point I would recommend the i-Techs. Great performance and great pricing with unbeatable service.

Back