pictures of sumps

reeftrinh

lets see some pictures of your sumps. i am starting a build and would like some ideas for my 125 tank. (72inch long)

thx

55g basement sump for my 125g reef.

ato3_5-09.jpg

Here's how mine started.

DSC_7816.jpg

Check out my build thread there is a lot of info about sumps, overflows quieting them down (mostly on first few pages)

Last edited:
A work in progress... :)

newpics016-1.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15084642#post15084642 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by richtrinh82
does anyone have just the sump w/o the protien skimmer/calc reactor in it?

newpics005-1.jpg

I'll post mine when I get home. In the meantime, what does the tape square signify on these sumps?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15084613#post15084613 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Toddrtrex
Mine are pretty simple,

10 gallon sump for my 33 cube,

saltcreep9.jpg

20 for my 58

cleansump.jpg

And a 30 for my 75

Updatedsump.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15085267#post15085267 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Superstretch18
I'll post mine when I get home. In the meantime, what does the tape square signify on these sumps?

It indicates the high/low range for the water level. Makes it easier when I have "outsiders" top off my tanks.

i see some of you decided to keep your sump substrate free... i was thinking about just adding live rock underneath and thats bout it..

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15085630#post15085630 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by richtrinh82
i see some of you decided to keep your sump substrate free... i was thinking about just adding live rock underneath and thats bout it..

I pulled the sand out of the sump for my 58 when I redid the tank about a year and a half ago. When/If I get around to fully cleaning the sump for my 75, I will pull it too. It is just a matter of me actually fully cleaning it. :)

Only a 36" wide tank so I had to get real creative with my sump, it also has a frag tank plumbed into it. This is it in the stand. Skimmer on the left, fuge on the right through the T and ball valve from main display and the center section is the return with 2 Eheim 1262's one for each tank. The Fuge is actually a smaller tank inside the sump so that I had more return volume underneath is.

DSC_0554.jpg

This is the sump still wrapped in plastic out of the stand.

newgear044.jpg

newgear042.jpg

Back