pink acro with green/blue polyps

jeez guys , lay off a bit he's a newbie. So his pic's not the greatest, i dare any of you to say you've never taken a crappy pic. Has anyone yet asked him to take another? maybe in sunlight? no, u just chop his head off & push another reefer away from the hobby!

Thanks....I've been into this for a bit and they are definately not going to push me away from the hobby....just this site. I will not be asking any further advice from here.

I'm not a dude...I'm a chick.

5560.jpg

How long have you had the frag? I would be willing to bet that there is more color to come if you have not had it long! I have had several rescue corals color up and it looks like that is on its way.

Got that 1/2" piece in FEB. Since then it's grown seven 4" main branches that have multiple branches growing from the main. It's extremely fast growing.

Do you think it is still going to color even more? THat would be awesome!

I say we sacrifice him to the gods of SPS! :D

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I'm totally on your side dude. Hope this thread has had some value. :p

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7576378#post7576378 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by LeftCoast
Hope this thread has had some value. :p

I suppose it has...I've gotten multiple PMs of people wanting to buy it. :)

I'd say the pic with the flash would be the closest representation. Taking pictures under 20K can be really difficult sometimes.

saltmeisters.jpg

I like it, and I want one:(

I can't take pictures worth a flying flip. I try flash, no flash, lights on, no lights on. Heck I would hang upside down if it would take me a better picture. Maybe its just my crappy camera?

Saltmeister,

wish I were close, so I can get a frag, very nice piece,

and beautiful picture of yourself, your husband is a lucky man,

good day,

sam

Sorry you had to put up with all that crap, maybe I shouldn't have reccomended the SPS forum??? I wouldn't leave this site just because of a few people. I have had some bad experiences with people on this site before, but its not worth leaving this amazing resource for. (for what its worth any of your pics look better than anything I can do)

Have you tried playing with the white balance (if the camera has the option)....I know I was getting very blue hughed photos for a while untill I discovered the white balance..

It's amazing how attitudes change once they find out they're talking to a pretty girl. If only people could start out with that regard rather than assuming the poster is out to deceive.

christ

christ

You guys seriously, just cause he's a she, lol

wish I were close, so I can get a frag, very nice piece,

and beautiful picture of yourself, your husband is a lucky man,

I'm not falling for it, anyways coral still looks unbalanced and not a true representation of its color, can't tell if it's pink or just pushed too far into blueish hue's with either edit or by just bad photography.

P.S. Nobody gets pushed away from the hobby on here, if your not made of enough moral fiber to handle a comment or two, then you won;t handle a 25g spillage on oakfloors either, or an rtn of a wc colony.

good rux.
David:lol:

Re: christ

Re: christ

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7583100#post7583100 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DitchPlains2
if your not made of enough moral fiber to handle a comment or two, then you won;t handle a 25g spillage on oakfloors either, or an rtn of a wc colony.
Lol....sorry, I've already been through that.
Like I said, I've been doing this for a few years. :)

Now, about my tank....it's definately not high tech. It's about a 90g (L59"xW18"xH20" actually 18 at water level). I run two 175w 14Ks with two 250w 20Ks and a 48" actinic stip T12 (250s run 10 hrs and 175s run 8). No chiller, just fans and the tank stays at an average of 82F. I have a 30g sump with LR, mangroves, caulerpa (light over sump is on 24/7) and a crummy skimmer. I only run media after my biweekly 10% WC and it's just a sock. I remove the sock the day after and run carbon 24/7. My sand bed used to be 3-4" but has gone down to about an inch...still getting denitrification so I haven't bothered with it yet. I have about 200lbs LR give or take. I drip kalk...no reactors (like is said, low tech). I hardly ever add anything other than kalk and a rarely feed my corals. I've had the same red flame scollop (still nice and red) for years and my corals keep growing so I don't mess with food. I've got a few fish but the are med to small so the load is pretty small.
The rest is the norm for care. Nothing special.

I've had good luck with my tank so I've decided not to change anything. I will try and get another pic of the acro later along side some other stuff and not so close....I'll have my hubby stick his hand in the tank as a color reference.

Back