Pink Birdsnest frags FS

ReefWreak

Since a rockslide in my tank earlier this week, and the dramatic growth that birdsnest tend to have anyway, I've got some branches growing too close to the glass of my tank, so they'll be smashed if I clean my glass. I want my glass clean. If you'd like a 1-2" or so multi-branched piece of Seriatopora Hysterix that is bright pink under bright lights (more red but still in the red/pink area if under less light), then let me know. I'll wait until this weekend or until people come by to trim them, but they've got to be trimmed, and I hate to have frags this size just sitting around. $10. I'm in Boca Raton on Powerline and Palmetto Park. I've also got a million other frags of random stuff that have been bumped, knocked, or have just overgrown if you need more than birdsnest to get you to come by.

Pics before the rockslide, but same coral:
DSC_0010.JPG

Email using the email button is best way of contact, but I'll subscribe to the thread. Please feel free to ask any questions or post any comments. I'm around basically 24/7 for the next week or so, then I'll be around on and off cause I'm slowly moving some stuff up to Tallahassee, and I'll be gone for good (until I come home next) the 17th.

Thank you!

Eric

Hey Eric is this the rock slide that happened after i got the fragss from you, wow that sucks. well everything is doing great i will try to post some pics of them for u to check them out, i still got them in the sand acclimating to the lights, im moving them up to their normal spot sometime this week this week well gl and ty again

Yea. Rockslides happen. I never glued my rocks together, so when one moves, they all tend to move a bit. I was cleaning out some algae and cutting out some zoos that were growing randomly in crevices and the rocks shifted a bit. Oh well, no real loss other than that I've got to cut back the birdsnest before it grows onto the glass. I'm very glad to hear that the frags are doing well, and I'm also glad to hear of someone light acclimating recently acquired corals! Not many people have the patience to do that these days. Good luck on with the corals and RSM and everything, and thanks for the bump!

I just had a single rock slide. It only rolled over 3 of my favorite corals, then it landed on a patch of really red zoas.

At least you'll help repopulate someone elses tank.

Peace,
Michael

A few people wanted to come by today, and that's fine, but I'll be going to a wedding at 5:30, so please come by as early as possible if you can. Otherwise there's tomorrow, monday, friday, sat, and sunday, then I'm going back to school.

Thanks to all who've shown interest so far!

Hey Eric, great looking tank, great frags. thanks again. And let me know when you have a frag of that sunset monti to part with.

Thanks for the compliment! I'll definitely let you know about the sunset frags.

If anyone else is interested, or showed interest, just be aware that today and tomorrow are my only days here before I go back up to tallahassee on Sunday morning. I'll be around all day for both days, so just call me and head on over.

Also, anyone who saw the tank last week, it's almost comical, but the birdsnest that was up against the glass has already grown another 1/2" or more since then. My tank is very very happy to have consistent parameters again :D

Jeff, sounds good, I'll be here.

Also, if anyone is looking for a calcium reactor, I've still got the Deltec calcium reactor package here. I'd like to get rid of it before I go to school monday, so the price is $400 for the reactor, 2 fills of media, 10lb CO2 tank, regulator with electronic solenoid valve, and feed pump. I switched to 2 part so that I could make batches that last 2 years instead of having to change out calcium reactor media every year or so. Feel free to PM or email me with questions. I'll also throw in $50-$100 in free corals fresh cut from my tank (at your choice, but of things that I am able to frag, includes choices of Sunset and Rainbow montipora, LJ Tricolor, GARF Purple Bonsai, and a LOT more).

Back