Pink Birdsnest

paveking1

Ok whats the deal ,This morning when i left for work everything was great ,I get home at 7 pm & my huge birdsnest is almost white all the tissue has came off from the bottom up like RTN does this happen this quick? This colony was around 8" around.I checked all my parameters & nothing was off .actually the rest of my corals looked better with more poloyp extension .I stuck some new carbon in the system & did a large water change to clean things up .Any ideas or thoughts would be great .

Heres the colony 2 days ago.
tanks2808021.jpg

I did it after the problem ,Thats my stupid new camera i am still figuring out with the white balance .That shot was with all my lights on also.

Make sure your alk didnt spike to fast these birdsnest are the fastest to go when you have a spike, so i would make sure nothing went wrong with your alk.

I checked that & it is still at 8 ,I did all tests when i seen it when i got home .I have kalkreactor & calcium reactor & they are both stable .I use drip method on my reactors.It just puzzles me .I frag a bunch off of it & put them in a separate system to maybe salvage what i can. Thanks for the the thoughts.

Back