Pink condy anemone yes or no ?

PCguy21

In Memoriam
Have a 135g tank have over 35 corals but they are currently in a frag tank. I have a small blue tang. A small naso tang. A yellow tang about 4 inches. And a kole tang with 2 damsels and a flame hawk.

I saw this pink condy anemone tonight... looks different then the ones with a pink dot on the tip. I like it but i worry itll sting my fish kill corals and eat my baby blue tang lol.

Yes or no ? What do you guys think ?

20190507-174756.jpg

condy carries strong sting but not the strongest, compare to those like haddoni. It might be doable but if I were you I wouldn't want that losing-fish-worry bother me everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had a condy in my 75g for almost the 5 years it's been running and haven't lost one fish to it. As a matter of fact the Firefish lives in the same rock the condy is on and swims all around it. I've seen my cleaner shrimp try to steal food from the condy, get stuck to the tentacles and still be able to break free.

The condy's first home before moving to the rock.
BqJ9jGpl.jpg

Condys like to roam around if the flow or lighting changes and will sting/kill corals...fwiw, their colors can change.
"˜No' vote here!

It's a risk to both corals and fish. Only you can decide if it's worth it. If you're going to be super mad/sad if it kills something, avoid it. If you'll take it in stride as the 'circle of life', go for it.

Matt

I'd wait on getting anything new into your tank until you get all of your other situations settled. You have enough going on with treating the fish and getting them healthy at the moment.

Also know, putting any type of anemone into a tank is a possible death sentence for corals. I had one that didn't move for years, then one day it decided to take a trip to the other side of the tank and destroyed 3 different SPS mini colonies in the process. Nothing changed, just the anemone wanting some new real estate.

I've had a condy in my 75g for almost the 5 years it's been running and haven't lost one fish to it. As a matter of fact the Firefish lives in the same rock the condy is on and swims all around it. I've seen my cleaner shrimp try to steal food from the condy, get stuck to the tentacles and still be able to break free.

The condy's first home before moving to the rock.
BqJ9jGpl.jpg

I actually agree with you, I have BTA in 65g with 50 corals and 8 fish and two shrimp, they “seem” to be wary of the nem.

That being said, over 27 years mine ate a powder blue and two yelllow tangs, no bad I guess over this period

Just want to make sure OP truly understands the risks, the risk is real.

I love condys, but they never settle down for long. They like to roam, which can be a big problem, depending on the tank. Often they are doomed to being shredded in powerheads. The best practice to avoid fish problems is to get it in before the fish. Bubble tips are popular for good reason.

Back