pinktail trigger with coral catshark???

fishboyy

Hello I have a 300 gallon pond/tank setup and my lfs has an awesome pinktail trigger that i really want but i know typically triggers arent compatible but when i look at the trigger their mouth is high on there head and they dont seem like aggressive "picking" fish. Does any one have any opinions etc. about pinktails and coral cats being together??

Pink tails can be aggressive, but as far as triggers go they are calmer than normal.

What size is the shark and what size is the pinktail?

no shark or pinktail has been purchased but the pink tail in lookin at is about 7 inches and i would get a fairly decent size shark, I heard most triggers pick at sharks eyes but it just doesnt seem like pink tails would

I wouldnt worry about it as much with a pinktail as I would with say a clown trigger, but the risk is still there. My pinktail kills crabs on the bottom of the tank and eats out of clam shells, they definitely can bite downward by turning their bodies, so dont let their upturned mouth fool you into thinking they only bite things in the water column :)

Back