Pistol Shrimp

mapleredta

Reef addict
What is the best way to get rid of him? I thought it was a mantis but yesterday I got a very good luck at him and did some research. Id really hate to tear my LR apart to catch him. Thanks for the help.

Why get rid of it? Most of them are harmless. Watching them move sand around is kind of entertaining.

Well if he's harmless ill leave him be. My potters angel and cleaner shrimp went missing. Would he be the reason that I hear a snapping in my tank?

I don't know about that, mine snaps all the time, but I've never lost fish to it. I'm sure if they died tho, it would aid in clean up. What kind of pistol is it? You could maybe get a goby that will hang out with it if it's the right kind.

Yes. This is why i cant stand them. The larger ones could be a problem i guess. Most of them are small and not a threat.

I have a Randall pistol. It minds his own, but does snap when something envades his space. My pink barred is starting to pair up with him. I would leave him in your tank. The simbiotic relationship with the goby is one of the cooler things in this hobby.

Back