Placing a concrete brick

fixmgood

Does anyone know if placing a concrete brick in a tank would have any adverse effects on water chemistry and so on.Has anyone done it.

eric mac

I've read that concrete can drop the ph of the water if it's fresh concrete. I believe you must soak it in vinegar water to cure. Also you must change water daily.

laverda

Ivan It would be like using man made rock. It needs to be soaked for a couple of weeks first. Of course you dont know what was used to make it like silica sand or something else. I would soak it in waste water for a month first.

fixmgood

No not aquascaping, I have a pretty large tank that I am using for frags,it is pretty deep and I need to place a rack in it.I was going to place some bricks so that I can balance the rack.

aleonn

Personally, I'd rather not take the chance with any concrete brick. I've used clean tupperware containers (you can fill with sand or LR rubble to weigh it down if needed) to balance things.

fixmgood

The only problem with PVC is it has to be assembled in the tank and that is a royal pain in the.... I was looking for something a little easier.

BeanMachine

I have not had a chance to figure out how I am going to do this,as soon as I do I will let you all know.

Ivan how about getting a large piece of dry rock and buying the mortar kit to flatten it out. Drill holes into it and make an acrylic rack, couple rods completely through the rack. Drill a small hole through the end of the rod and use some zip ties to hold it down. Something to that effect.

letsgofishin

concrete will be fine if it is totally cured... I would still rinse the crap out of it in case it picked up any toxins or dirt or what have you from being in storage and shipped all over in trucks, etc...

tiles are better imho.... or that eggcrate stuff you can buy it at HD and zip tie it to anything....