Planet aquariums

HollywoodDiver

Does anyone have a Planet Aquariums brand tank? What is your experience and quality of the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a 130 gallon planet aquariums "œcrystal series". It's 5x2x20". Good build quality. No issues.
I originally had them build me a custom tank of similar size and after having it filled for about a week, it cracked at the overflow. Was a pour weir design (which I believe they no longer do) and they replaced it for free with this new one.

I've got a 130 gallon planet aquariums "œcrystal series". It's 5x2x20". Good build quality. No issues.
I originally had them build me a custom tank of similar size and after having it filled for about a week, it cracked at the overflow. Was a pour weir design (which I believe they no longer do) and they replaced it for free with this new one.

Was the leak internal or did the actual glass crack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The glass cracked. It had an external overflow, which they cut the weir at 90 degrees and no fillet or rounding to it. So it just cracked at the corner of the weir. They now do their externals with large bulkheads instead

Back