Planned Power Outage

weelo111

I have a planned power outage this Monday between the hours of 8-3pm. I don't how long as it might be a few hours to possibly the whole entire time so that can do some upgrades on the grid.

Any advice or tips that would help me prepare for this. TIA

The easy thing to do is rent a generator.

Otherwise -- Buy battery operated bubblers, lots of batteries, and heavy airstones that will not float uselessly at the surface.

Your tank shouldn't get too cold. So I'd just worry about oxygen.

I have a 34gal - will a single battery power air pump work or should I run to my buddy's house and grab his generator.

If you have a dc flow pump like Tunze just run it on a battery so it creates turbalance at the surface of the water. You reallyneed to plan for unexpected power outages.

7 hours isn't much; consider how corals and fish are easily shipped for 24-36 hours.

No harm in renting a generator, but it should really be fine- especially if you want to mix it up once or twice after a few hours.

I think size of tank will matter too.

My big tank went through 24hr outage like nothing. Multiple times per year.

You can also buy a small generator at harbor freight that will run the return pump, power heads, and a small heater for about 100.00

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for all you input and advice fellow reefers. Picked up my buddies generator just to be on the safe side.

Back