Planning out a 240 Starfire Inwall Build

To give a better update on the tank and its current standing...I have to say that back in December it was time to do some routine maintenance on my mp60s and return pump. So I went to remove the return pump off my system only to crack the sump when pulling the pump off. Had to have Steffin get one done for me on the quick. shortly after reinstalling the sump the shaft on my return pump seized and had to be sent in to be repaired. Luckily the pump was still under warranty. But wait there's more...Just when I thought I was on the road to recovery my Mp60s (both) for some odd reason shut off. When I went on to restart them I noticed they would run for 2 minutes or so and then shut off. So off to service they went.

I quickly found 2 wp40s and installed them on the tank in the meantime to help with flow. Obviously there was a downgrade in the amount of movement in the tank and then the time without the return and sump...Needless to say the tank suffered dramatically.

I lost quite a bit of sps. all that remains is my purple stylo colony (bouncing back), ponape birdsnest and red cap. Luckily however, my Mag remains strong. It is tests like these that make you question whether being in the hobby is worth it.

Long story short I have found a renewed joy in my tank and therefore went ahead and placed a nice sized order from LA and their DD, and I have also placed a HUGE order of sps (65 frags ranging from reef raft quality to ORA) which will be arriving the first week in June.

The boxes contained all fish from both Liveaquaria (regular) and Divers Den. The list is as follows....
XL Magnificent foxface (replacing the other that parished in the turmoil of the tank)
Sm/Md Powder blue tang
Md blonde naso (replacing show size blondie that didn't make it either)
Md Tomini tang
Cleaner wrasse (with all the tangs thought it would be beneficial to them)
3 Tank raised bangai cardinals
Midas Blenny
Line spot flasher wrasse
and 3 ignitus anthias (all came in DOA)

All fish seem to be getting along well and eating. the only one yet to see is line spot which immediately dove into the sand bed upon entering the tank. will be taking pics of the new fish this weekend (I hope).

when your tank has been established as long as mine I would say not really. There has been plenty of time for the bacteria to establish itself by now. the other thing is that I am basically restocking to the same level I had prior to my mini crash and so the tank is used to having this many inhabitants.

isn't that way to many fish in just one day?

When you drop them all at the same time they establish their territories at the same time and will get along better. I dropped 8 dwarf angels at once and they got along great. Nice combo btw man

I already knew about the pecking order and territories and such but what I did realize was how long the tank had been established but that is a nice group of fish now we just need a full tank shot to see them all

Sorry for the not so good cell pics but you can see most of the fish and the nem has more than doubled in size since I got it last summer the clowns love it!!

I will be glad to host sometime later this year. Let me get the corals in and rid the tank of some nuisance algae and we'll be good to go. Thanks for the compliments

Back