Plans for new 100 gallon seagrass tank.

Rendos

I made this sketch with Google Sketch. Pretty cool tool for planning and making diagrams in 3D.

94325337-O.jpg

This is a 5 foot tank. It will house seagrasses, algaes, sponges, and all sorts of cool little critters. It will also contain my trachyphyllia, and a cataphyllia. It will use a 29 gallon tank for a sump, a DIY skimmer, and be lit by a single 250 watt MH 10K. Return pump is a PanWorld 40PX, and closed loop pump will be a GEN-X PCX-40.

Can't wait to see it in action. You don't see many seagrass tanks, especially in homes. There is a lot of potential for them, though, in terms of different critters and a more natural feel.

Got the stand almost finished. Still need to attach the door on the upper left compartment. Next I will start plumbing. Here is what it looks like so far.
95624350-L.jpg

95624351-L.jpg

Built in book shelf.
95624352-L.jpg

Sump area.
95624353-L.jpg

Upper compartment that will house the closed loop pump.
95624349-L.jpg

Looks really nice, Richard. I like the bookshelf look, too. Can't wait to see it set up. What kind of critters are you looking at for the seagrass tank?

I plan to put live rock and rubble rock in, and let it run for a few months without any fish. This will hopefully give the plant life time to get established. I plan to add sponges, tunicates, cucumbers, and of course caulerpa prolifera, for the main plant. I have several other algaes in mind...but nothing that goes sexual. Also no chaeto. I will also be adding my trachyphyllia, and hopefully a cataphyllia. For fish, probably little gobies, some cardinals that Dave is holding for me, and other little fish...nothing large...nothing predatory...no tangs...no angels.

Update.
Stand door is finished. Hidden hinges installed. Just need to sand and stain it. I am having a hard time finding a stain color to match the stand/canopy. I may have to go with a completely different color stain and make it two-toned. That is fine with me, but wished I could find the same color.
96206192-L.jpg

heh, ya... you see my thread where I haven't changed water in my 12g mantis only tank in like 6 months? sys admins are lazy! :)

I think the stain is a pretty good match.
Here is the final product as far as wood working goes...
99294082-L.jpg

Here is the closed loop pump in the upper left cabinet...
99294074-L.jpg

Gutter guard in place in the overflow box.
99294080-L.jpg

Here is a close up of the shelves.
99294070-L.jpg

Now...if I ever get my bulkheads, I can start plumbing.
hint, hint...

oh stop why don't ya.
I didn't say anything about your capri's.
Don't plan on wearing those to work by the way!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8260463#post8260463 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Rendos

Now...if I ever get my bulkheads, I can start plumbing.
hint, hint...

Seems like you need to drill some holes first.

Back