Please Help! 17 yr old Elephant noses need home

Pufferpunk

I took in these 2 large, old elephant noses from a customer that might get evicted. They are getting their tails bitten by my big puffer. They are blind & can't get out of his way. They can live to 30 years old. I need to find homes for them ASAP!

Last edited:
It's hard to get pics but I'll try. They are about 8 & 10". They are very active & are very attached to & interactive with each other. No more damage was done to them overnight. Last night I dreamed that I found them with tufts of fungus all over them! I'm adding Melafix to their tank.

kimoy, Do you think you might take them? I'm gonna call Chewal & see if he has any room to hold them.

Yeah, the same woman had them in her 30g for actually, 17 1/2 years. They live to 30 though.

At least they're eating.

Last edited:
not me but my brother in law who has a 55. that would be a nice size tank for them. see if you could take some pics. let me know.

What else does he have in there? I can't process pics, because I don't have Photoshop. They just look like 2 big elephantnoses. 1 has 2 bites out if it's tail--the other, 1 bite. They don't look infected. The puffer seems to be leaving them alone now but I'd still like them to have a more peaceful tank.

he only have some mollies in there i think 2 black and 2 red and a couple of algae eaters.

OK, let me know. I paid her $20 for them, cause she needed the $$$ but if he doesn't want to pay for them, that's fine too.

Back