Please help me figure out what to do with my lights!!

jherrin215

GO COLTS!!
I am setting up my 180 and am going to be building a new hood. All the lighting will be custom and I am trying to figure out what to do. Here is what I have already and what I know I am going to be using. 2 175 Watt MH 10,000K. 2 2ft VHO Actinics, 1 6 FT VHO actinic and 1 6 ft Super White VHO. I want to add a 3rd MH in the center of the hood. I have been looking around and it honestly the cost difference will be minimal between adding a 400 watt and adding a 250watt. Which do you think would be better?? Also what degree bulb would you recommend?? Here is a pic of how I am considering setting up the lights. I also have another 175 MH ballast that I am planning on using as a light over my 30 gallon frag tank. Thanks in advance for any help!!

If it's a standard 180 at 24"d the 250w would give plenty of penetration IMO, and it won't look so unbalanced compared to the 175w

Good, that's what I would really like to do, I have to build reflectors for all 3 before I start installing though, thanks

Back