Please identify these critters for me

Megalodon

Clowning Around
This anemone was a mis-order. I was assured that it barely had a sting and would eat silver tips. It's true, it barely has a sting, but it doesn't eat the silver tips I gave it. :(

It is about 3.5-inches in diameter and has an orange base.

IMG_smaller.jpg

And while we're on the subject, what are those tubular things to the bottom right?

I guess the next question now is, why isn't it eating silver sides? My water is perfect and it seems quite healthy. Maybe its received enough mysis, squid, and brine shrimp leftover from feeding my fish? I'm not sure if anemones reject food when they are "full."

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12263503#post12263503 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Megalodon
I guess the next question now is, why isn't it eating silver sides? My water is perfect and it seems quite healthy. Maybe its received enough mysis, squid, and brine shrimp leftover from feeding my fish? I'm not sure if anemones reject food when they are "full."

Yes nems will reject food if they dont want it.Give him some time,& he should start eatin.

thats a condi. i feed mine uncooked shrimp and also chopped pieces of squid. works good for me. my condi went from 4" to 15" and is still growing.

Back