Please Post Pictures Of Your Working Pm Bullet Skimmers...

Kaiden

No Comment
Premium Member
Please post pictures of you Bullet Skimmers Made By PM. I don't know what I am doing wrong, I have been through everything from return syphon to raising the injector and so on. This thing does not fill with foam and it only collects on the inner walls of the riser tube. I JUST WANT TO SEE SOME PROOF THAT THESE THINGS WORK RIGHT... Maybe My Bioload is to small, I don't know. I have a Bullet 3 with a Pan pump that was sold to me from PM so they said this is the best combo you can get. Anyhow please help...:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Sorry, no photos, but I had the same issue with mine for a little while. Like Ereefic said, you need to raise the water level in the skimmer by closing down the gate valve until the larger tube is pretty much filled to the top with the very fine bubbles. You can back it off a little from there to produce a darker skimmate. That's a power skimming system you have there - it will produce skimate once it's tuned up.

I struggeled forever with my PM Bullet 1. Then again I was convinced a Sedra 9000 would run it. I upgraded to a Pan World 100px and WOW what a difference.

I can post a pic later today!

I have went rounds about the pump size etc. I just want to SEE a set up working. If someone has one please post pictures that would help alot, because then I would know it's possible for these to work. I don't need help with the water hight etc. PM and I have talked and talked, this thing should be working..

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7555175#post7555175 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kaidenjohn
I have went rounds about the pump size etc. I just want to SEE a set up working. If someone has one please post pictures that would help alot, because then I would know it's possible for these to work. I don't need help with the water hight etc. PM and I have talked and talked, this thing should be working..

Plain and simple, if your not pushing the foam into the cup, raise the water level. It isn't rocket science. :) Next time, don't ask for help if you don't want to hear the answer.

I have a pm bullet 3 powered by a pcx 40 pump not the biggest pump for it, but i see no reason to change it either.mine works pretty great. i pull about 5g's week with it on a 120g tank.light brownish skimmate.
Just adjust the bubbles smallish and turn the skimmer up.i think my water level is about 8 inch with the air off.i'll see if i can get a pic.

Ereefic, I did not ask for help I just asked for pictures, I have talked to PM and they said NO DO NOT RAISE THE WATER PAST AN INCH, Ok they make them and test them so talk the them about the science, not me. I know all of this I am just trying to see if someone is doing something I am not. I have been working with this thing for over two months now. I did everything they say and that's were I am leaving it..

Proof they work:)

64647DSCN0271.JPG

64647DSCN0267.JPG

64647DSCN0277.JPG

As you can see they are dirt spitting machines.mine was doing this 2 days after i got it.And if i followed PM's directions i'd still be waiting.I can say i've owned other beckett skimmers so setting this one up was a sinch.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7557644#post7557644 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fiziksgeek
Here is my Bullet 1 with a Pan World 100px.

96199skimmer.jpg

You know that 90 fitting on your intake hose is reducing alot of flow into the becket.Might get some more umph out of the skimmer with just a smooth bend.

Yeah, I was going to make that change but haven't gotten around to it. No point for me now since I am working on upgrading to a 210 :) I will be using a 4' tall dual beckett from MRC.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7557999#post7557999 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fiziksgeek
Yeah, I was going to make that change but haven't gotten around to it. No point for me now since I am working on upgrading to a 210 :) I will be using a 4' tall dual beckett from MRC.

MRC makes good skimmers also.(I just sold one)you going with the MR3?If i had not gotton a very good deal on the PM 3 i would have went with MRC.Since i skim wet i like the wider neck on the PM's better.

No luck I just don't get it. I raised the water level and the thing still will not bubble up right. The water level stays so I know it has nothing to do with the return. ANY IDEAS?

Back