Please Suggest Some Corals

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9884869#post9884869 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AS11423
Have you considered Dendronepthya?

Wow, you really like to troll don't you?

To the OP, do not buy a dendronepthya, it will not live.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9884869#post9884869 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AS11423
Have you considered Dendronepthya?

Haha! My book "Aquarium Corals by Eric H. Borneman" says "All species of Dendronepthya are extraordinarily difficult to keep." Doesn't sound like a coral for me... :p

Aquabucket: Wow! Amazing corals! Sorry my box was full...I can't see anywhere that it tells me how full my box is, but they sure don't let you keep many PMs! Thanks for posting those photos! :D

nebraskareef: Thanks for the heads up on the Tree Coral. I always check my books before I buy anything though!

Throw out the old watts/gallon rule when you're talking about T-5s. I have a 4xTek T-5 hood over a 46 gallon, which comes to just over 3 watts per gallon, and I've been able to keep certain acros on the bottom of my tank. Montis don't need all that much light, so I think you'd be fine with those. Rics are great for color, and they seem to play very well with other corals. Echinophyllias are great corals if you can find them! I have a red and green one that's very cool. Be careful where you put them, though. They have pretty good sized sweeper tentacles. Of course, that seems to go for most of your LPS.

Back