Please take the time to review my Livestock choices for a 100G (400L) FOWLR Tank

Angeliic

Hello guys, if you could take the time to review the livestock I plan on introducing to my 100G (400L) FOWLR reef tank and give feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

2x Clownfish (Mated Pair)
1x Engineer Goby
1x Midas Blenny
3x Blue Chromis
2x Schooling Bannerfish (Juvenile)
1x Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
1x Yellow Tang (Juvenile)
1x Flame Angel Fish (Juvenile)
1x Koran Angel Fish (Juvenile)
1x Royal Gramma Basslet

Also a variety of snails and hermits (Have not decided yet) Any suggestions would be great

I know the angels may fight with each other but I plan to introduce them simultaneously and of similar size.
Feel free to give me suggestions on livestock, if it is too much or if there will be correlation between species etc. Thanksss everyone

i would drop the banner fish, yellow tang, and koran. a 100g isn't really an ideal home for any of those, let alone in combination.

i would probably selected 2 or 3 much smaller sizes fish to take their place.

For me, I think Yellow Tang is fine in that tank but Koran Angel and 2 x Bannerfish will be too big for it. Engineer Goby will get big and really like to dig into the sandbed and create a mess.

I have a fowlr of just over 100 gallons. If yours is a 5 footer, like mine, a yellow tang and the bannerfish are ok. If a 4 footer, I would think twice about those two.

The Koran, no way. I foolishly bought an Emperor for mine about 8 years ago. Still alive (about 8 inches) but looks out of place and has spent many of those years in poor body condition (hlle). Would a bigger tank have made a difference? Who knows, but the aggression and lack of quarters didn't help.

I would suggest a few wrasses ditch the banner and large angle. male flashers will add a lot of moment and color to the tank. and most are reef safe just in case you want to go reef at some point.

Back