Plumbing a mag 12

SteveCon89

I have a mag 12 return pump. It is plumbed horribly right now with 1/2" tubing going to 3/4" pipe. I want to redo everything, what size pipe should I use?

i have a mag 9.5 that has 1 1/2in. plumbing on it. what alot of people along with me didnt/dont know is that you have to have a certain size pipe for the mag you have. if you still have the box and info on the pump still, read it and it tells you what size you should plumb the pump with. if you dont plumb it with the right size it will not get its max flow. i hope this helps you out, let us know how it turns out.

mike

hey steve it is 1 1/2 for a mag12, i just looked it up. i went with 1 1/2in. pipe on mine up until the bulkhead which is 1in. then back up to 1 1/2in and have no restrictions in the flow if you have to go that way dont worry about that restricting your flow. also going to this size pipe you will crap yourself when you see how much more flow is coming thru.

Okay, so I'll go with 1 1/2. Now I have to figure out how I'm going to do this and how I will route my return. Thank you eveyrone for all the help.

Steve

Back