plumbing DIY

strat89

well i just finished your article in ReefKeeping from 2002. thanks BTW, very informative. i work in construction and do some PVC things here, but what i was wondering (because i have never seen it in the pics of reefs) is the purple primer used on the joint safe for reefs? im in canada, so maybe we use a different product, buts its a purple acoholish (?) smelling primer...

thanks in advance

strat

Well, since Jon hasn't noticed this yet....

Yes, I have seen many people use the purple primer with no problems. As a matter of fact, some have even used it for decorative purposes as it looks similar to coralline algae. Just be sure to let it dry well before placing it in the tank.

thanks skipper. i noticed a thread the other day where the guy did his whole spray bar in it to blend in with the rock, so that kinda answered the question. i appreciate the response tho, happy reefing

:D

strat

The odor will go away after the primer and glue are completly dry. You can wash the item after that if you want to but I naver did and never had any problems with it. There is a time to dry/cure in my reefkeeping plumbing article.
jon

Back