Plumbing help

Sometimes they come with plumbing sometimes not.
NOW, do you have 1 or 2 holes in the overflow box & do you want the tank really quiet when running? You can set it up various ways.
You will need the size of the holes for a bulkhead fittings. BRS carries them.
Regular schedule 40 PVC is what most use.
When you have those answers come back for more.

It has 2 holes. I have them both capped off right now but wanted to add a sump. I'm not sure how to set the return line or the drain.

I'm looking for quite since this is the living room.
4b4a3d596c2a7fafbd24bbd7034e244f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its easier to find Bigfoot than a replacement OEM standpipe kit for those tanks..
I would suggest measuring the holes and purchasing the bulkheads to fit as well as PVC fittings to build your own..

edit: Nevermind you just posted and seem to already have all the standpipe parts setup..

Return and drain piping would also be cobbled together with off the shelf PVC fittings/hard pipe if you want or vinyl or similar flex PVC tube depending on which direction you want..

There is unlikely to be an "easy button" kit that you just buy that covers all situations..

Plumbing help

How do I make my own quite drain? I always just used whatever plumbing that came with my past tanks so never had to learn to make it myself.

How do I make my own quite drain? I always just used whatever plumbing that came with my past tanks so never had to learn to make it myself.
Well... What is in the overflow now?
Just straight PVC with a gap on the top or an actual durso standpipe,etc..?

Do you actually need to construct all of that too or just whats outside the tank on the other side of the bulkheads?
What pump do you have?
Do you want flexible or PVC pipe?

Well... What is in the overflow now?
Just straight PVC with a gap on the top or an actual durso standpipe,etc..?

Do you actually need to construct all of that too or just whats outside the tank on the other side of the bulkheads?
What pump do you have?
Do you want flexible or PVC pipe?

It's currently just a straight pvc pipe as seen in the picture. I capped it off underneath the tank so it doesn't leak. The return has a flexible pipe that's connected to it underneath the tank. The return inside the overflow is a straight pvc pipe.

I just need to construct the durso and return that is inside the overflow area. Everything underneath the tank I can do once I get my sump today.

Start here then. if you want to stick to Durso
http://www.saltcorner.com/Articles/Showarticle.php?articleID=142

As for the return you just need to get an adapter to go from whatever flex pipe you have to the bulkhead..
Then decide what you want to do at the top of it be it just an elbow to get over the top or use something like loc-line or whatever..

And yes doing an over the back return and converting to Herbie in the overflow would likely allow for more flow/quieter setup..

Back