Plumbing issues

norat915

REEF POSER
Just setup a new tank and started cycling.Got it up and running last night and im hereing a gurgling sound coming for the left overflow box its a 120 gal also noticed that the water level in that overflow keeps going up and down about 1 inch.Have 2 overflows and the right one doesnt do it. Any suggestions on what to do.Thanks. Running a mag 9.5 to one side and a Rio 3100 to the other. The side that makes the noise is the side with the uv sterilizer hooked up to it

the pumps have nothing to do with the drains it sounds like your drain line for that side dips a little before it goes into the sump. you don't want drain lines to go below the inflow to the sump if it does you get a toilet bowl effect were it has to build up pressure then the line flushes.

I looked at that last night and it was below the sump can you put a 90 degree connector at the bulkhead without effecting flow.sump is 40 inches long and its at its highest point on that side I think that might be the only way to fix it without pinching the hose

do you have 3 holes in each overflow, 1 return 1 siphon and 1 emergency about 50 to 100mm longer than siphon ,
if you tap the siphon and adjust the tap close it a little to raise the water or open a little to make the water level drop

returnline.jpg

left to right
Return, emergency, siphon

The 2 siphon pipes (left and right weir) are below the water level in the sump, the 2 emergency sit about 2cm above the water line,
if you want more pics let me know

I looked at that last night and it was below the sump can you put a 90 degree connector at the bulkhead without effecting flow.sump is 40 inches long and its at its highest point on that side I think that might be the only way to fix it without pinching the hose

i did on mine will reduce the total gph it can handle but it is still more then i need.

Back