Pool Party at Nook's House!! Thursday, August 16th

looks like ill be attending this one. cant wait!

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you again:)

Have you got your Walkerswood yet Nook? :D

It is on the way! They backordered 2 of my Helen's dry jerk seasoning and I called today and got it taken care of, so should be here in 5-6 business days:D

Hey nook you need to buy about 1000 pounds of ice to cool that pool off so it doesn't feel like bath water lol

I doubt a thousand pounds would do it:D Fortunately, our pool temp has only been 88 degrees this summer with all the dry air and evaporation. That may change though if humidity comes back like we usually get here in Saint Louis.

im sorry if i over looked this, but what area of STL does nook live in??? just need an idea of how far away it is.

If anyone needs my address, just shoot me a PM and I'll get it to you.

Its through the woods to NaNook's we go......follow the Salt Buckets ya know ;)

I knew I liked you!!

On a bad note, my split system AC is on its way out:( I got five years of continuous use out of it in all seasons though:D

I ordered the new Mitsubishi 21 SEER 9000 BTU system today, along with a lineset, drain hose and wire. The new unit is 3600 BTU less than my current one, but it is about 400 watts less to run which is nice and qualifies for a tax discount.

Nanook;20560689I got five years of continuous use out of it in all seasons though:D QUOTE said:
i would think they should last longer than that, is that a typical lifespan?

Nanook;20560689I got five years of continuous use out of it in all seasons though:D QUOTE said:
i would think they should last longer than that, is that a typical lifespan?

No idea really. The environment it resides in is one big, humid, salty mess though. When dbuesking came over to help me troubleshoot it a while back, we found that the fan was completely caked in mold. I should have taken a picture of that:hammer:

There was also corrosion around the copper pipes going into the silver fin things. I think the environment of 1100 gallons of saltwater definitely takes a toll on them though.

I do wish the fan was easier to access. It took Dave about an hour just to get to it and a PHD in HVAC to figure out how to take the dang thing apart.

Still, it is money well spent because it dehumidifies and cools very nicely. I have little rust and no mold in the room itself after almost 5 years of running 1200 gallons of heated saltwater nonstop.

I like how they labeled the remote... "TOO WARM & TOO COOL" . They should change it to "NOOK & TOO NOOK"

I took some vacation this week. So, hope to catch up and see whats new.

Will there be a lifeguard on duty?

hasselnookelhoff_avatar.jpg

Last edited:
Nancy's making some scorpion chili salsa for the party, so Marshall, be careful this time around buddy.

was hoping to make this, but first night of bowling has wrecked that plan. hope everyone has fun:beer:

Got 16 pounds of wings, 12 jalopeno cheddar brats, 12 cheddar brats, 3 chili cheese brats, 3 apple brats and about 50 Hebrew National dogs. Gonna be a lot of Jamaican Jerk Wings to chew on!!

Also making a couple pans of hashbrown casserole, a couple cajun cheese balls and some tasty sangria. Mr D SMACK is bringing margaritas and Mrs B. is bringing 3 berry cobbler....Starr is going to surprise us with some tasty dessert as well:D

Weather might be a bit rainy, but we'll have plenty to eat:) Now, if my AC will just cool that day so I can run the lighting! I've not been able to run MH lighting much for the last week.

Beth and I are going to make it! If anyone wants ne to bring any cdp stuff please shoot me a pm.

Back