Poseidon PS4 External Pump

saltysteven

how much heat does a Poseidon PS4 External Pump make? will i need a chiller to run this pump? i had a lg 4 but it was loud and i need a replacement would this pump be a good choice? i do have 2 175 mh on the tank with 4 vhos- im not running the mh to long. would this work for me ? or would i have to much heat?

i couldnt find any reviews on this pump.
i did see some people adding fans to the back but that would lower the heat but add noise which is the reason for buying a quiet pump to begin with
any info would be great thanx!

i have the velocity t4 pump (same pump) and it does not add any noticable heat to my 210g. and it is dead silent.

john

I ran a t-3 for a couple of years. (Same pump w/ different impeller and input/exit diameter). It added a couple of degrees to my 75G (29G sump). The only people I have seen that experienced problems had either glass tops, or smaller acrylic tanks. (Acrylic holds heat much more efficiently than glass). It is absolutely dead silent.

Last edited:
I "only" have the velocity t2 pump on my 75 and 58. Both, like stated above, are dead silent. Mine don't seem to add all that much heat to either tank. Now that winter is here, my heaters have to come on to keep the tanks at 78*. Granted they come on a lot less during the day when the halides are on.

Here is $10 cheaper I have always had great service from PA.

One thing to note, I believe that the T4 has barb fittings, whereas the T1-3s are threaded. Not sure if that will effect your choice or not.

Back