possible unicorn tang question?

nava405

i have this tang about 3"-3.5" in size, and i'm 90% sure it's a unicorn, however, the body shape looks excatly like baby bluespot naso but without any spot, also i can see a very small bump on the head. However, all those pics i found on the internet for unicorn seems to have different shape than the one i have ( mine is more rounded head and shorter nose), so is it possible is something else ?

also when should i expect to see the horn to start growing?

Can you provide a pic, these are often confused with juvi vlamingii tangs. If its a unicorn or a blue spot it will grow the horn, however the blue spots is smaller. the vlamingii just grows the bump. i thought i had a blue spot, but i have been able to confirm that it is a vlamingii. either way, these species grow fast.

if it's vlamingii, then it should have blue spot or lines on the body, but mine is full silver, so i'm pretty sure it's not vlamingiii

Not necessarily, juvi vlamingii's have little to no distinctive pattern of dots or lines. Although, if it is already 3.5 inches and has no pattern of spots, i would have to guess (without a pic) that you have a unicorn tang. Good luck with it.

jnc is correct. take a look at what they call the lopez tang. they are very often confused for vlamingi tangs.

Back