potential stocking of 75 gallon tank

The corals you listed are the ones least likely to be bothered. The angels generally thought to be the most reef safe are argi's (cherubs). As for LPS, they tend to leave corals like Euphyllia alone, but brain types are risky. Often Centropyges are not after the coral so much as the coral slime. A coral is easy to remove if you put one in that your angel goes for. If the corals are your priority, then you might want to pass, but tons of people have dwarf angels and corals. If I were going to have an sps dominated reef, I might think twice about putting in an angel.

There are a lot of opinions and eventually you will form your own.

Yeah these are the corals that I plan to start out with until I get a good grasp and routine on husbandry habits. I may eventually add an SPS or two to the top of my tank where it will be close to the lights and near a powerhead. About how many fish can you stock? I am having such a hard time deciding on whether to purchase a 75 gallon, 90 gallon, or 120 gallon.

It just seems like from a lot of the things I read that angels have been known to pick at corals from time to time. I wish everyone in this hobby didn't have such different opinions on everything. That would make it so much easier for people like me who are just starting out haha

I am not a big poster but I often read and absorb information. Here is the best things that you can do.

Research? ask questions and make them specific. Your stock list is ok and do-able if executed correctly with a properly setup tank.

IMO I also would not put a sixline in with a mandrin.

Going to the local club is a good Idea. It will be helpful. Most importantly go slow and be patient.

Don't let conflicting information get the best of you.

For reference

My 75 stocking list reef tank. 1.5 years old
Fish
Yellow tang
Hippo tang(this will be moved to a bigger tank later)
clown
Firefish
orange spotted sleeper goby (sand bed Cleanup)
Psych Mandrin(Added at 1 year and gaining weight)
neon cleaner goby

Inverts
5 hermits
1 turbo grazer
5 or so astrea snails
1 blood shrimp
3 pepermint shrimps (anemone destroyers)

Corals
softies
Zoa's
LPS and SPS

Most important enjoy.

The Bigger the tank the better but the bigger the tank you also need larger water changes.

If there is anything constant in this hobby though its that our tanks are never big enough.:lol2::lol2:

Diamond, Golden Head, Sleeper Gobies (Valenciennea spp.): Sometimes starve to death even when accepting prepared foods, tanks with large sandbeds containing lots of food will help as will frequent feedings when they will eat, mated pairs may help as well

Learn something new every day.

Please note I put my stock list up for reference.

Yeah everyone has said the same thing as far as bigger is better as long as you can afford it. But that's the thing, I have no idea how much it is really going to cost until I get into it and start doing it. I mean of course I have priced out the tank, live rock, equipment, and sand which comes out to be about 2000 but up keep and electric bills and everything is hard to say how much it will cost plus the difference between costs of maintaining a 120 and 75 is nearly impossible to say.

I'm kind of starting to think I'll meet in the middle and do a 90 gallon but Idk.
Basically, I am a college graduate in 3 weeks and then I start work in June with around a 40,000 salary with a little over a thousand dollars for rent and bills and stuff. so Idk what really is affordable until I get into it. I know that the majority of my money will go to this hobby as it always has when I started keeping various pets years ago.

Back