power failed/restored: none

Ron Popeil

Love them clownfish.
i lost power briefly the other night, and when the power came back on, my tank alerted me. this is my program.

If Power 001 Then ALM ON

then my AC3 sent me a text every ten minutes. i didnt have an alarm OFF program, so i added this program this morning:

If Time > 00:15 Then ALM OFF

that should turn the alarm alert off 15 minutes after power is restored, correct?

next up, when i checked my status,

power failed: NONE
power restored: NONE

how come it didnt say power failed: yes, power restored: yes....?

rcgates

Premium Member
Re: power failed/restored: none

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14187355#post14187355 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ron Popeil
i lost power briefly the other night, and when the power came back on, my tank alerted me. this is my program.

If Power 001 Then ALM ON

then my AC3 sent me a text every ten minutes. i didnt have an alarm OFF program, so i added this program this morning:

that should turn the alarm alert off 15 minutes after power is restored, correct?

next up, when i checked my status,

power failed: NONE
power restored: NONE

how come it didnt say power failed: yes, power restored: yes....?

For power failures, from the AC3 manual:

>The following program statements signal an alarm if the power
> has failed. The alarm timer name is assumed to be ALM^:
> If Power 000 Then ALM^ ON

As for the status:

>power failed: NONE
>power restored: NONE

Is this for a ACII, AC3, or AC3 Pro? If so, do you have a battery backup on the controller? If not, then the power state change will be not be retained.

Ron Popeil

Love them clownfish.
i know how to get the alarm to come on, but how what program turns the alarm off after, say 15 minutes....

will this do it?

i have the AC3, and i dont have a backup power supply for it or my modem and router, so that means the state change will not be retained...yes?

laverda

FYI: If you don't have a back up power supply it will only notify you after the power comes back on.

I would think you would want a statment like
IF Power ON Then ALM^ OFF

d0ughb0y

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14188557#post14188557 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ron Popeil
i know how to get the alarm to come on, but how what program turns the alarm off after, say 15 minutes....

will this do it?

i have the AC3, and i dont have a backup power supply for it or my modem and router, so that means the state change will not be retained...yes?

Try

If Power 000 Then ALM ON
If Power 015 Then ALM OFF

rcgates

Premium Member
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14188557#post14188557 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ron Popeil

will this do it?

The time > 00:15 will work, it the time on the AC3 is > 00:15, so between 00:00 and 00:15,
the ALM will continue to be set if there was a power failure/restore around that time.

If Power 000 Then ALM ON

would be the way to go.

As for power backup to your router and such, not needed, but you should put power backup
on your AC3. Either get a 9V wall-wart and a small UPS or use a 9V battery and a 1/8" tip connector.
The AC3 supports a backup power connection, it's right next to the main power connector.

Here is a shot of my AC3 with a 9V battery attached.

141258AC3.jpg

Ron Popeil

Love them clownfish.
thank you very much for the help!

however, i thought that the AC3 will be unable to alert you of a power failure if youre modem and router do not have a battery backup as well....without those two on a back up, the AC3 will only be able to tell you when the power has been restored. right?

rcgates

Premium Member
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14190992#post14190992 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ron Popeil
thank you very much for the help!

however, i thought that the AC3 will be unable to alert you of a power failure if youre modem and router do not have a battery backup as well....without those two on a back up, the AC3 will only be able to tell you when the power has been restored. right?

correct, it can't alert you but it will maintain the state changes so when your modem/router is back up you will have the event.

I have my AC3 setup with a 9V, but I also keep my network equip on a UPS along with my SBC pulling the data together for display.

Here is my webpage in development:

http://ssbxfire.home.comcast.net/~ssbxfire/
My last power outage was on Nov 16 and short.

StevieK

Here is a shot of my AC3 with a 9V battery attached.

where did you get the attaching device??

secondly, i took a look at your website, well done

how do you get the status page nice a clean like that with red and black??

Thanks Steve

rcgates

Premium Member
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14207791#post14207791 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by StevieK
where did you get the attaching device??

secondly, i took a look at your website, well done

how do you get the status page nice a clean like that with red and black??

Thanks Steve

The attaching for the 9V, I went to Radio Shack and bought the parts.
If you have a small UPS, get a 9V wall-wart. Neptune sells them, along with other placed.

As for the colors and graph, I have a SBC, single board computer, to do the tracking and
monitoring of the AC3. You can almost see the screen of the SBC in the picture,
or check my gallery for a better picture.

Thank you for looking at the webpage, not my specialty, I'm more of a OS person.

kenargo

Premium Member
The value included in the 'if power' command indicates number of minutes AFTER power is restored to hold the control in the indicated state.

For example:

If Power 015 Then AAA OFF

Means to turn AAA OFF (when there is a power fail) and keep it off for 15 minutes after power is restored.

Make sense?

sfsuphysics

Yes thank you, however this statement as posted above doesn't make much sense

If Power 000 Then ALM ON
So If Power 000 then ALM ON will keep the alarm on for 0 minutes (I'm guessing it'll send a single alarm)

Then the next statement says to keep it off for 15 minutes?

So what happens after the 15 minutes is up? Which state does ALM default to?

kenargo

Premium Member
The 1st statement will be ignored; the last statement wins. The ALM will be turned off during power fail and will be kept off for 15 additional minutes after power is restored.

Once power is restored the timer will return to program control. Think if 'power' statement as a temporary override of the normal program operation.

Ron Popeil

Love them clownfish.
so i got my UPS. my modem and router are plugged into it.

i got my 9v battery plugged into my AC3.

i unplugged the power cord and....nothing happened.

so i did some reading and fixed my programing. and retried. TEXT MESSAGE!

If Power 000 Then ALM ON
If Time > 00:00 Then ALM OFF

so, it tells me when my power has gone off, what can i write to tell me the power is back on? but in a way that its not texting me every five minutes...

kenargo

Premium Member
One way would be to set the value in the 'if Power' to a value greater than what you have configured for 'email resend' #which defaults to 60 minutes#. If you use, for example 'if Power 065 Then ALM ON' then you are guaranteed to get 2 emails; 1 with the power off and one 60 minutes later, with the power on #assuming the power came back on within the hour#).

I know it doesn't tell you immediately when power is restored but it's something.

Ron Popeil

Love them clownfish.
thanks ken! let me make sure i understand you...

If Power 000 Then ALM ON
If Power 065 Then ALM ON

so if i have all three of these programs typed in, it will tell me when the power is off with a single text, and an hour and five minutes after power is restored, will send me a single text?

kenargo

Premium Member
No, you only need the 2:

If Power 065 Then ALM ON

The AC sends email every "email repeat" interval as long as the alarm timer is on. The second statement tells the ALM to remain ON for 65 minutes AFTER power is restored so you are guaranteed to get an extra email. Technically if power was restored after 56 minutes you would get 2 extra mails (1 @ the hour and 1 more an hour later).

Make sense?