Power Heads vs. Closed Loop System

My problem is I want a real clean, rimless, pretty tank.
So I have to be careful with what I decided to go with.
I don't like a lot of things hanging here, and especially no HOOD!
So my choices there limit me elsewhere...

Leaning towards the power heads right now.
The quotes on the tanks with holes raise the price a lot more than I expected. I should have some design and choices made soon so that MindManager thing is less to look at.

Thanks for all the advice! OKC is a great town!

going back to discussing the external pumps, in my experience and opinion any pump from Sequence is quiet and runs cool. these are powerful pumps but with high flow rates and are intended for large systems. The Iwaki's are nothing compared to Sequence so to keep things fair I personally think the Bluelines (panworld) are better than Iwaki. If Sequence is too much for your budget then the "Iron Might" from Waterway is perfect! This pump runs really, really, quiet and cool.

I have both and love the flexibility of having both. I have a closed loop and 2 Tunze 6100's. I have all the options available to me. I decided this because if I wanted only a closed loop it would need an enormous pump (noise) to get the flow I needed. If powerheads only, I would still need more pumps than what I currently have to achieve the same effect. Having both also gives me the pros of each and eliminate any cons. This way I have the best of both worlds and love it, end of debate for me.

HTHs,

Minh

I really liked my Tunze units with the speed controller, but they tend to look overly large in a 4' or under tank.. sure have the easiest methods of controlling rate and direction of flow..

only other issue with them? maybe the $300 a pop? :)

Back