Power strip advice needed

Scott
you might make sure that your main return pump is hooked up on its own gfci - separate from everything else - in case something trips it up then atleast you will still have flow (and vice versa - if have another pump in tank have it hooked up to the other.

use your own judgment on using these plug in gfci
i dont think the other ones being mentioned are actually any better in terms of performance... vs 'sturdier' construction... in fact they are (more then likely) the same equipment just different bodies... might be cheaper just to hook up a regular gfci outlet to the house but no matter still need to have 2 in the event one is tripped then will always have some type of flow...

we like that these are portable
so whether we sell the house, move the tank or decide to use it for something else - then we atleast always have one available for use on demand.

regards

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12893202#post12893202 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 30reef
Has anyone ever overloaded an extension cord to the point the plug begins to melt? hehehe [/B]

Melted a cord... nope.....

IMG_3393.JPG

The Belkin strip I use has 5 standard recepticals mounted inside a metal enclosure. I would think that this type of configuration would be more durable and far more likely to safely handle a thermal event than an all plastic unit. Just make sure it is plugged into a proper GFCI.

newtank.jpg

Last edited:
Back